ScannerCast Update: V0.14 (build 10307) Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Hi all,

An update to ScannerCast Std Edition is now available.

This release (V0.14, build 10307) has been through 6 weeks of intensive testing on multiple feeds at different bandwidths. We've found it very stable. I recommend all users of ScannerCast Std Edition upgrade to this new version whenever it's convenient.

You can download the latest version of ScannerCast Std Edition from the ScannerCast download page on my web site:

ScannerCast Download

This release fixes the "pulsing audio" problem that's been described in various posts here. In this problem, some feeds that have been running non-stop for between 2 weeks and 2 months develop a strange, stuttering, type sound. We discussed this problem briefly in this thread.

Of course, there are numerous other, small, fixes and usability improvements in this new release as well.

Please note that this is an update to the Standard Edition of ScannerCast only -- This is the version that you download directly from the K1PGV web site. It's ultimately up to Lindsay and the RR Audio Admin team whether there will also be an update of ScannerCast RR Edition.

As always, I thank you all for your support and ideas... and I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Peter
K1PGV

SCPD

QRT
the new update

I don't see the updated version , when you go to the April 2010 down load it takes you to the old beta version!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
This update is a "MUST HAVE" in my opinion. I've been running/testing it for over a month and it's been running flawlessly 24/7. The fix for the "stuttering audio" Peter incorporated into v0.14 is a critical fix for an issue that can be very frustrating, especially for "hands-off" or remote computers running feeds that see very little user interaction.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Peter,

Thanks for your work with ScannerCast. I will be ordering up 15 copies.

rckydenver

I just download this, and notice that on the Icecast tab and going over the Radio Reference Feed Auto-Config and on the RR User Name and the Password, when entering the password why is that not hidden or when you enter it should be those center periods. If some one see's my computer and this they will know my password for RR. Just a heads up.

04Z1V6

Yes, V0.14 but I do let the program auto log-in and after the first time I only get the dots that show up. Sorry for any confusion.

gator

Premium Subscriber
shutting down

having some trouble here with my connection and shutting down when scanner is sending tags the connection will say not communicating with scanner and blink and will eventually shut down and make a error report.I shut off tags and so far it has not shut down but will get back to you if that happens too.

richtidd

Database Admin
Hi all,

Please note that this is an update to the Standard Edition of ScannerCast only -- This is the version that you download directly from the K1PGV web site. It's ultimately up to Lindsay and the RR Audio Admin team whether there will also be an update of ScannerCast RR Edition.

As always, I thank you all for your support and ideas... and I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Peter
K1PGV

We are working on an updated RR version.
I do not have a ETA at this time.

PeterGV

K1PGV
ScannerCast Std Edition is a superset of ScannerCast RR Edition -- The Std Edition add the following features:

• Send feed to any Icecast server (not just RR)
  • Ability to manually configure stream and feed information (names, encoding parameters, etc)
  • Serves as its own Icecast-compatible server, thus allowing direct connections to ScannerCast by audio clients
  • A few other things I can't think of right now :-0

I suppose I should make a complete this and put it somewhere...

Peter
K1PGV

K7AZ

Feed Provider
RDT PC Not Able To Find Audio Source After Re-Boot

I use VPN and RDT to access a remote computer running K1PGV's software for my On-Line Scanner Feed.
Now and then, I have to remote re-boot that computer and every time K1PGV's program can not find the proper audio source, even though when I am at the remote computer live, it finds the audio source every time. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions to solve it other than taking a 1 hour drive to visit the remote PC?

johnmac

Feed Provider
OK, I'm pretty much ready to toss in the towel on my feed - 1410 - /995482245
Ashburnham area Fire Departments.

It stays connected for about two days, then disconnects. It usually takes a reboot to get it going again, but not always. I am running the new full version and have another one at a different location that never goes down, so I suspect the problem is on my end.

The computer is running image salsa webcam program, two tone detect (Which I think is very unstable), teamspeak and scannercast. I tried Proscan scancast also and that seemed to last a little longer than scannercast. Teamspeak stays connected with no problems.

I am also running proscan, proscan scancast and teamspeak on another computer with no problems.

The computer in question only has 512mb of memory, could that be an issue.

Any thought would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I use VPN and RDT to access a remote computer running K1PGV's software for my On-Line Scanner Feed.
Now and then, I have to remote re-boot that computer and every time K1PGV's program can not find the proper audio source, even though when I am at the remote computer live, it finds the audio source every time. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions to solve it other than taking a 1 hour drive to visit the remote PC?

My guess is that you have a USB audio device that isn't detected fully, in quick enough fashion, to be available to Scannercast when it starts. You might have to find some way to delay-start scannercast, perhaps 2 minutes after system startup or something. I'm not sure of how you might do that though.

Mike

rckydenver

Just curious on the Config tab in the service block it has a Max Clients, what does that mean? Can that be set to something other than 0? Something diffently kicking my system offline these last few days. I've even keep if offline for awhile just to see if it's the might be the DSL and so far i'm still connected to the DSL, but once i connected my feed after about 10min i go offline. No virus software on that computer that has the feed. Right now i feel like what Johnmac say above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.