ScannerCast Update: V0.14 (build 10307) Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Just curious on the Config tab in the service block it has a Max Clients, what does that mean? Can that be set to something other than 0?

If you let your cursor linger over the Max Clients control on the form, you'll see a tool tip pop up that says:

Max Clients
The maximum number of clients that
you'll allow to connect to ScannerCast at the same time.
Clients that connect after the maximum has been
reached will be quickly disconnected by ScannerCast.
A value of 0 means there is no limit on the number of
clients that can simultaneously connect.

So, this applies to direct connections to ScannerCast only.

Chances are that your disconnects are due to SOMETHING in your network or computer infrastructure... I'm not saying it couldn't be a bug in ScannerCast, but there are several hundred copies of ScannerCast running 24x7 for weeks at a time without disconnecting. I have two (hmmm, well, three right at this moment).

So, lacking any additional info, I'd say this has to be a network or computer issue.

Sorry I can't help more,

Peter
K1PGV

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
I use the RR version a Vista machine. My issue was that RR would show the feed down, but SC indicated the feed was being sent. I had to reboot the computer and restart SC.

My solution: I disabled all my auto updates for all Win and other products (Adobe, etc). However, I use AVG a/v and it still auto updates.

I've not gone down since.

Don't know if that helps....

Last edited:

PeterGV

K1PGV
According to another thread here at RR, lots and lots and lots of people have had problems with AVG.

I recommend you get rid of it, in favor of a different A/V solution. Personally, I use (and can recommend) Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, it doesn't suffer from too many interoperability problems, and it seems to work...

Peter
K1PGV

04Z1V6

I will say that AVG was all of my scannercast problems, when I removed AVG I had no connection problems. Before I used scannercast I had connection problems but it ended up being a wireless network problem and this was solved by a High Gain antenna on the wireless router.

PeterGV

K1PGV
From what I've heard to date, AVG seems to be nothing but a plague on humankind. In any case, I know it definitely does not play well with ScannerCast and that's not due to anything unusual or incorrect that ScannerCast is doing.

Peter
K1PGV

tjones6516

Auto Config error 302

I've just began setting up my scanner as a feed on RR and have the latest version of ScannerCast VO.14. But I can't get the auto config to work... keep getting error 302. Got any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.