Scanners & CB radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaForce

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Been having a hell of a time with this. Me & my friends are gonna be using some handheld CBs this summer, and I can't find a scanner that covers the frequencies.

If anyone can help out, i'd be much abliged.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Two thoughts come to mind when I read this thread.
  1. If you are using CB radios, why do you need scanners to listen to them?
  2. I think the list of scanners that don't cover the CB band is considerably shorter than the one that does.

andy404ns

loumaag said:
Two thoughts come to mind when I read this thread.
  1. If you are using CB radios, why do you need scanners to listen to them?
  2. I think the list of scanners that don't cover the CB band is considerably shorter than the one that does.

lou you read my mind

CanesFan95

Yeah loumaag, that was a disappointing post in my opinion. In any case, MegaForce, are you looking for a base or handheld scanner?

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Better off finding a cheap used CB handie talkie, if you want portable CB monitoring. Scanners just aren't designed for that band, not really.

First thing is that the rubber antennas on typical scanners are terrible at CB frequencies. At best, you can find some that are designed to work (more or less) around 40 MHz for low band. CB requires a correctly tuned antenna to work at all well, even for just receive.

MegaForce

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've already started copying all the info in this places database. anyone want to start a DECENT board???

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
So you're going to copy the info on this site to start your own? Good luck with that... :roll:

MegaForce said:
I've already started copying all the info in this places database. anyone want to start a DECENT board???

scannerfreak

Database Admin
MegaForce said:
Forget it - the place is run by biased *** who allow luie to acuse me while erasing any response from me.

*** YOU MODS!

Buh by..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.