Scanners, digital/analog recording/text

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratfink11

Hi all,
I have been researching scanners and types listed here.https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Scanner_decision.

----I would like to monitor Eastside, Seattle (King County) and Snohomish City/County.Police, Sherriffs, State Patrol, Fire, I havent had much luck in determining what systems they are on and coverage. If there might be a link so that I can further research? I realize the move to digital but im not sure if everyone has crossed over to the darkside yet?

----I prefer a handheld scanner but not sure how many channels can be tracked at a time? And if all digital capable scanners can also scan analog? Im confused over the digital communication types and what is in use.

Just want to make sure i purchase a scanner that I wont outgrow and will provide me with plenty of options. Like recording.

Is there any such thing as radio audio to text? Are any of the dispatched calls RDS Radio text with ALL the info for the call? The cops get the same calls sent to thier terminals. It would be nice to have a real time text database based off of dispatched/RDS but im not familiar enough with how its being applied in King County and surrounding areas.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Start here:
You will find most everything you want here:

WSP seems to be most active on 700 nowadays.

Buy an SDS100 (Uniden).
Whistler, so far hasn't come out with anything directly competitive with it
Or, the last generation Uniden 486 does a nice job, or a Whistler TRX-1.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.