Scanners For Cop Watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
For what you're planning to do, I highly recommend the Uniden SDS000! Jeesh, everybody wants to be the next "Cops". The last thing any LEO needs is to have you butting in on his call, and then he has to worry about your safety too!

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
"Besides with the problem of not so nice law enforcement people" Awwwwwwwwwwww, you want the Police to pat your widdle butt, and nicely ask you to pretty please put on the handcuffs....................................

Ensnared

There is one thing I've learned in my 69 years of life. Don't muck around with law enforcement. If you decide to go down road, there will likely be untoward consequences. You might want to retain a lawyer before your sojourn.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Go for it! Skip the cops and go straight to the fire calls. Think of the drama. Lives at risk! Rescue squads. Structure fires. Evacuation of trapped people!

Get on scene first! Document slow response times.

You could be famous - as the catalyst that starts the trend to encrypted fire agencies!
It often gets asked around here, why the hell is fire and ems encrypted? How does that make sense?

You it see it more and more these days on youtube. Fire buff "reporters" wandering into active scenes to get the shot like Lou Bloom in the movie Nightcrawler. Waltz right in like they own the place. About the most comfortable I'd be from a scene would be 500-1000 ft away in a parking lot away from the approach to the scene

There's plenty of "auditor" videos on YouTube already to entertain you and show what happens when you do that.
Yea forget stringing. you can get more views on youtube acting like a boob and going back and forth about 1st amendment rights and trying to trip up the cops. Then the "money shot" becomes the handcuffs going on and lawsuits. That stuff is what gets views these days, not some 10 sec clip of a scene with PD/Fire/EMS standing around

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Myself and a friend of mine were thinking of starting up a live YouTube stream. We would drive around the city on weekend nights going to police calls like fires, car crashes, unruley crowds, etc.
Thanks for letting me know not to help you.

People who do this crap are the ones who force departments to seek encryption. No thanks. Listen from home and don't interfere with emergency responders.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
Well, it was an (apparently) serious initial post and there are a great many people who lament the loss of their monitoring hobby due to the spread of encryption often caused by the actions of a few people with poor judgement.
Lament is putting it nicely...

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
That sounds like a great idea. A few suggestions:
1. Get yourself a badge that says “citizens police oversight team”
2. Get dark colored SUV with push bar mounted on front. Place amber and purple lights in the grill. Make sure they are just a slightly different shade of red and blue.
3. Instead of a scanner get a radio that can transmit on your local fire/police just in case of an emergency you can talk directly to dispatch. (You have an amateur license so you can legally do this as long as you claim it is an emergency) make sure you have a remote mic clipped to your shoulder.
4. Wear a yellow vest with the words Citizens government oversight group.
5. Lastly when police or fire tell you to please step back just scream at the top of your lungs 1st amendment.
Have fun 😂😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.