scanners not getting good reception on first floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevie621

Now what should we do about this. I have a pro-2096 and a pro-2052. I live in a town house and listen to the Colorado state system which is apco 25 digital and Denver which is edacs and some other conventional stuff. I just use the stock antenna on the 52 and the 2083 800 antenna on the 2096. On the first floor, the scanners don't receive that well. The digital system comes in fine but Denver comes in with a lot of white noise and I can't pick up some of the conventional stuff. I tried moving the scanners around with no luck. If I bring them upstairs Denver comes in great. Not a bit of white noise. And I get the conventional just fine. I really like the scanners downstairs where I spend most of my time. Thayne is going to come over and maybe try another antenna but I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas. No. I don't want to move the kitchen table upstairs. hahahahah. thanks very much

Gilligan

Database Admin
Use a mobile antenna (mag mount or whatever) and put it as high as you can on the first floor (on top of the frig or wherever).

LarrySC

Some townhouses have a small porch. Lots of options there. Some ant Co's make a window bracket for Ham ant's that tilt 45deg away from house. Paint ant to background colors and no one would ever see it. The secret is ant height. good luck.

dangitdoug

I use a magmount antenna in the window of my second story apartment. The window frame is metal under the paint so I get a good mounting surface. Check your window sills for that. Otherwise the top of refrigerator idea is a good one if you have enough vertical clearance for the antenna.

Doug K

Turbo68

Hello,what about you run a Grove flex wire antenna which covers 100khz-2000MHZ and buy some low loss cable and that might work and the Antenna lenght is about 24 feet,I got this Antenna myself inside the Roof but I havent tested it yet.

Lino (Melbourne Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.