Scanners that pick up SCAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatherall

im looking for a scanner that can pick up EDACS SCAT. Im looking for a portable handheld scanner under about 250 dollars would be my price limit. I don't need top of the line I just want something for my sports car to have to monitor are local leos. Even an entry level scanner as long as it picks up SCAT. So if you guys could list a few models it would be much appricated.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I gave you several suggestions, as well as pointed out where to find others, in your other thread.

Just remember that you must have a trunking scanner for this. You don't need a digital for this system, unless something else in your area is digital, or about to switch and you want to have the option.

Besides BC346XT (the BC346XTC is technically the current model, both operate the same), the older BR330T & BC246T, both of them long discontinued, but available on the used market, would work. While the PSR-310 (the model after your PSR-300) would work, production on it ceased when the manufacturer, GRE, went out of business in fall of 2012. The 310 had not been out all that long, so there are not as many out in the field for the used market in the classifieds here or on sites such as eBay. I realize you're in Canada, so availability options would differs.

Status
Not open for further replies.