Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
Ok I might sound a lil weird asking this question...

What does it mean when you are listening to a freq loud and clear then when it scans and it comes back around to that same channel is makes like a loud static noise? Is there anyway to eliminate that loud static noise...that gets VERY annoying!

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
What exactly are you trying to listen to when this happens? With what scanner(s)?

Just listing to regular EMS/Fire in my city...and it was with my old scanner...i cant remember the model number... but i also was listing to someones scanner on youtube and it did the same thing would you like the link to hear what i am talking about?

Highpockets

the sound that i am talking about is at 1min 50 sec

My BCD396XT police scanner P25 - YouTube

That's Control Channel noise, if you program a trunked system properly and it is scanning you won't hear that noise, that channel is what assigns a voice channel when a unit on a talk group keys the mike to talk. If you hold on that channel you'll hear that noise or program it in conventional mode you'll hear it.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
That's Control Channel noise, if you program a trunked system properly and it is scanning you won't hear that noise, that channel is what assigns a voice channel when a unit on a talk group keys the mike to talk. If you hold on that channel you'll hear that noise or program it in conventional mode you'll hear it.

Ok thanks alot!

My county is Went all digital i beleive ... does that mean i need a Digital scanner? if so can it be a cheap one as in $200 or does it have to be a expensive one to pick up all the cops and stuff like that... please help

Highpockets

Ok thanks alot!

My county is Went all digital i beleive ... does that mean i need a Digital scanner? if so can it be a cheap one as in $200 or does it have to be a expensive one to pick up all the cops and stuff like that... please help

Looks like you'll need digital, I left you a link in the other thread you started about the Home Patrol, you can read up on each scanner and the prices or shop around.

N8IAA

Ok thanks alot!

Who and where are you trying to pick up? Also, what scanner are you using?
Larry

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
Who and where are you trying to pick up? Also, what scanner are you using?
Larry

I'm trying to pick up the Police, EMS/FIRE for Frostproof,FL 33843....i'm looking at any digital scanner in my price range on ebay right now..So digital will pick up more then what the FREE scanner that is on FEED on this website??

N8IAA

I'm trying to pick up the Police, EMS/FIRE for Frostproof,FL 33843....i'm looking at any digital scanner in my price range on ebay right now..So digital will pick up more then what the FREE scanner that is on FEED on this website??

Being that feeds don't always include everything that people like to hear, yes, a digital scanner will allow you to hear more. Polk county is what I presume you are trying to monitor. It is a P-25 digital system. So, you will need a digital scanner:)
HTH,
Larry

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
Being that feeds don't always include everything that people like to hear, yes, a digital scanner will allow you to hear more. Polk county is what I presume you are trying to monitor. It is a P-25 digital system. So, you will need a digital scanner:)
HTH,
Larry

Ok thanks....Will I need to get freqs or will it pick them up when it scans?

N8IAA

Ok thanks....Will I need to get freqs or will it pick them up when it scans?

If you get one of the digital scanners like the PSR-800, or the Home Patrol 1, they will have a library of frequencies to upload to the scanner. Those two still depend on their own programming software. If you get something like the RS Pro-106, GRE PSR-500, or a Uniden 396XT, you'll need to have programming software. Read in the RR Wiki to see what scanner might fit your needs better. As you can see in my signature, I have both types of scanners, doing different scanning duties.
HTH,
Larry

DickH

Ok thanks alot!

Something doesn't make sense. The scanner display shows Austin County and Harris County. Aren't those in Texas?
Also, if it's Polk County, FL, that control channel freq., 860.2375, is not part of that system.
Tell us exactly which system you are listening to and give us the list of freqs. programmed into your scanner.

Bronson24

Premium Subscriber
What about the RS Pro-107? is that digital?

@DickH ....That video was just posted randomly to show Bezking A example of what noise i was talking about...

Status
Not open for further replies.