Scannerworld BR330T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smerri

A lot of things I have read compare this to the Pro-97 because of the time they came out.

With the new PSR-300 on the market, how does this compare?

fer312t

I've been using an older RS scanner for sometime and am looking to upgrade...

Despite its discontinued status, is the BR330T still considered pretty much at the top of the ranks of trunking, non-digital handheld scanners?

I'm thinking of purchasing one before they dissappear completely...
The scannerworld price $234 seem fair?

n2mdk

I really like my Pro-97 especially it's sensitivity, but the old style memory allocation it uses is just not up to what the DMA type scanners can do. The difference in size on the 2 is also dramatic.
If you can your hands on a BR330T I wouldn't hesitate to go ahead and get one.

Vern

Premium Subscriber
Just got mine from SW today. It's receiver seems as hot as it's reputation said it was. I didn't want to go with the GRE as I'm not ready to "learn" another manufacturer's programming design. I have a `396, `15, `996 and RH-96 and I use the UASD for some fo the programming and use a simple text editor to edit the talkgroups in the .usd files.

I figured I'd get this `330 before they're gone forever and let GRE get the bugs out of all their stuff before ever migrating to one of theirs. So far, the Unidens do all that I expect out of them and the programming seems like a snap once I got past the curve of that first experience with the `396 a couple years ago.

My 2¢ worth.

\/ern

Smerri

I finally caved and bought one today. After lots of back and forth with myself, I decided to pull the trigger and get one.

My reasoning - I need a trunking scanner for the car :)

Looking forward to playing with it when it arrives, and seeing how it compares to my PSR-300.

Smerri

I ordered yesterday, and within 21 hours it was at my front door. Great company.

Also, I love this scanner. I have been playing with it since I got home tonight and I am definately glad I decided to pull the trigger on this. Wicked happy with the purchase.

I wonder how long they will last for because my father mentioned something about getting one (possibly this weekend).

n2mdk

Looks like they did, most likely only had a few if even that many. I would keep checking the site some additional ones might show up.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If you see one, think you *might* want it and have the money grab it. Even if you decide you don't want it, you'll probably be able to sell it for what you paid for it or more. Now that they are being discontinued everyone seems to want one. Scannermaster has them listed for $499.00. At that price, I'd buy a 396T.

Gary

manross

Man am I glad I decided to get one yesterday. They are now out of them for good....

Marty

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
manross said:
Man am I glad I decided to get one yesterday. They are now out of them for good....

Marty

you have to be quick, they emailed me that the BCT-15's were available for 179 +16 shipping, i grabbed one, checked back 1 hour later and no more were available!

gotta be quick...

manross

Caesar said:
you have to be quick, they emailed me that the BCT-15's were available for 179 +16 shipping, i grabbed one, checked back 1 hour later and no more were available!

gotta be quick...

Yes you do have to be quick. I was going to wait till next week after payday, but decided to get one yesterday before they were all gone. I'm glad for once I listened to myself....:D

Marty

delta_p

Caesar said:

gotta be quick...

Yeah, I got the email on the B-BCT-15 too and when I went to get it they were gone :( . Luckily I manage to find and buy a new one for $187.00 off ebay :D .

PP

Status
Not open for further replies.