Scanning a Favorites List

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljones135

I recently purchased a Uniden SDS200 and trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with respect to building, loading and scanning a favorites list.

I'm using the latest version of Sentinel to program the favorites list. The list consists of FRS, GMRS and MURS. I've saved them as a favorite, sent the list to the scanner, set the scanner to scan the favorite list only, I get there's nothing to scan. What have I done wrong? Please be kind, I'm still learning this marvel of engineering.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
Service Types for the channels you want to monitor must be set to On.

K5mow

When programming my SDS200 and 100. I had the same issue. Instead of figuring out what I was doing wrong in Sentinel. I decided to purchase ARC536. I absolutely love this program and it works extremely easy. I still use Sentinel for updating the full database and updating firmware. I also read from Scanner in Sentinel so I have a back up.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT48

Did anyone else notice that Uniden included a "nothing to scan" troubleshooting checklist in the SDS100 manual (and I presume the SDS200 manual)? Probably because of all the people that posted about that problem with the x36 scanners. It's on page 47 of the SDS100 manual.

ljones135

Did anyone else notice that Uniden included a "nothing to scan" troubleshooting checklist in the SDS100 manual (and I presume the SDS200 manual)? Probably because of all the people that posted about that problem with the x36 scanners. It's on page 47 of the SDS100 manual.
RT48,
yep, page 52. Thanks.

jjbond

Banned
Banned

ljoines and RT, thank you for your posts...

Yup, and for that exact reason, I for one would appreciate it if when we're discussing new information on an issue, like mine arriving quiet then starting to buzz after a few weeks, like we were doing, we be allowed to discuss it without the thread being closed within the next few posts, are the mods here Uniden employees or what (joking). This was the first case of one starting up buzzing weeks after arriving and with the fix, to the best of our knowledge.. but instead, a chosen few jumped in misquoting and slamming people, and with the usual lines about send it in, turn on the amp timer etc..... and the thread was immediately closed. You're post above is exactly why we should be talking, we're not *****ing or complaining, we have a vested interest in Uniden's success, we all do. I just dumped $1800 into my 100 and 200 and new SD cards etc, of course I want to help with a fix. If they can ship my 100 (and all the others that sold) without a buzz, then they're capable of shipping a 200, we just want to see that happen.

If you keep censoring dialog that was not aggressive, fighting, getting personal, just passionate conversation, and continue to let a few close others constructive conversations, people are just going to stop contributing.... I was here in the early 2000's to mid 2000's when the forum was super busy, and left for a reason, I was hoping it had improved....

Last edited:

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
jjbond - I'm sure some appreciate your plea for conversation, but hijacking another thread will not win favors with the moderators.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
jjbond - I'm sure some appreciate your plea for conversation, but hijacking another thread will not win favors with the moderators.

Exactly. I'm sure the OP would appreciate not having his thread hijacked.

Let's try and stay on-topic.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.