Scanning a service that's turned off

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
Anyone seeing a service being scanned that you turned off? My 436 is scanning department of corrections and have read a 536 is scanning aircraft, even though it's turned off. I posted in database section about mine. Sys admin checked and shows it's flagged for corrections. If your scanner is scanning a service that's selected off, please post it here. Want to see if it's wide spread or select few of scanners. Thanks.

kjfswkr

Same problem

I am having the same problem with my 536hp but it is still picking up boston commercial aircraft even though this band is turned off.

73'

Kevin

Hit_Factor

Check the DB for the freq you are receiving in error, under service type it will tell you the name of the service to turn on and off. It may just be coded (service type) incorrectly in RR/HPDB.

You could change the service type or set an avoid (permanent) in Sentinel.

If you don't know how to check it. I'll need more information about exactly what you are hearing, state/county/system/etc (everything you selected to add freqs to your FL)

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
I posted in the database forum about mine. Admin checked and verified that it is correct. Mine is st cloud minnesota dept of corrections. Will give sentinal a try and see if I can avoid it.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
I posted in the database forum about mine. Admin checked and verified that it is correct. Mine is st cloud minnesota dept of corrections. Will give sentinal a try and see if I can avoid it.

It is good that we share our experiences as some problems may not be "user error" and those could affect everyone.

I have found that some "services" are listed under multiple different names. For example, "Aircraft" can be under Aircraft, Military, Business, State HP, County SO, City PD, EMS Dispatch, Fire (Forest & Conservation), Various News Organizations, etc.

Also, some frequencies may be used by a dissimilar group, for example a couple of public safety freqs. (PD or SO) are listed in one county under CD.

Let us know how it works out.

SCPD

QRT
i noticed

i noticed this but the database had the channels setup with the wrong service type so I just fixed it myself.
No biggie-

Status
Not open for further replies.