scanning a system only 396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddo46

hello, new member here with a 396T that my son in new york city programmed with great support from someone here in san diego area....I can not figure out how to only monitor one system only...EX. system 0 which is police only.....any help?...am an old bc296D Guy.....mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I take it that there are numerous systems in your scanner in addition to that which was programmed for you.

What I would do is look at the systems that are in the scanner and determine if system quick keys have been assigned. Menu>Program System>(scroll to system)>Edit Sys Option>Set Quick Key. (Hit the "E" button where there is the ">").

(If no system quick keys are present, you can assign one at this step).

You can then disable all those system quick keys except the one assigned to your desired system. Pressing the number on the key pad enables/disables system quick keys 0 through 9. For system quick keys 10 and higher, press the period button before the two digits.

leaf

Premium Subscriber
ofd8001…
does the BCDT have the "system hold" function like the XT? Where you hold down HOLD until the it reads "system hold on" and scans just a systems subgroups.

I think thats what he's looking for…

leaf

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes there is. Doing a "Hold on System" is another option. I haven't tried that with my 396T to know whether a "System Hold" is released when the scanner is powered down. I knew the system quick key thing would work, so that's why I suggested it.

Here is what the manual says on how to Hold on a System:

Holding On a System
To temporarily hold on a system, tap F. To hold on a different system, tap F then
rotate the control to select the system. Normal scanning resumes 2 seconds after
your last selection.
To permanently hold on a site or system, press and hold the Scroll Control for 2
seconds. f flashes in the display’s upper left corner. The scanner continues to
scan only the current system. To hold on a different site or system, rotate the
Scroll Control to select the new site or system then press [EYES].

leaf

Premium Subscriber
oh cool perfect... let us know how it goes daddo….

Status
Not open for further replies.