Scanning Berks and Montgomery UHF, VHF, and 800 mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnwjr

Premium Subscriber
I am working as a police officer in Berks County PA along the Montgomery County boarder... Can anyone recommend a handheld scanner that will allow me to scan our county channels VHF & UHF, as well as that for the trunked 800 MHZ of Reading City, and also for Montgomery County. I know I may not be able to scan the VHF and UHF at the same time as a trunked, or the two trunks at the same time, but it would be nice to hear what's going on. If the county and state can take then initiative for us to be able to hear each other I am will to spend a few dollars...

I currently have a Uniden TrunkTracker BC235XLT and can't seem to figure it out... Plus I heard the new ones can be programmed by a data cable on my PC...

Thanks in advance.

-Wood

marcp90

Premium Subscriber
For your needs I would recommend a Radio Shack PRO-97. This scanner is able to scan Trunked 800, and conventional UHF and VHF simultaneously. If however you want to monitor the fire departments of Montgomery County you will need a PRO-96 or Uniden BCD396T. The only problem is that the Police talkgroups on Reading system and the Pottstown Police channel on the MontCo system are encrypted thus not monitorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.