Scanning channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benlee47200

Premium Subscriber
I just uploaded the channels I wanted onto my Whistler Digital Trunking scanner, how do I set it up so I can actually scan them? all I get is static. I also get a messege that says heap error 259625:259D. it will not let me program or scan any of the channels I uploaded.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just uploaded the channels I wanted onto my Whistler Digital Trunking scanner, how do I set it up so I can actually scan them? all I get is static. I also get a messege that says heap error 259625:259D. it will not let me program or scan any of the channels I uploaded.
A Heap Error means that you have an object not assigned to a scanlist.
Look at the section near the bottom of this Wiki page:
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/GRE/RS_PC_Object_Oriented_FAQ

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
Benlee47200 - Depending on the Digital Model, for a 1080/1088 scanner you First have to Program SCANlists for Each County/City you want to Listen to. you need to do this for Both the actual Scanner and the EZ scan software. only then Should upload the channels to the SCANlist banks . I have my 1080, set up by County First then I add Cities in Each County. You can crate a Scanlist just for Statewide Channels or you can just put it in your Primary Scanlist bank. also of note When updating the Channels be Aware of the Service Category and ONLY check items that you are Interested in, the Import your channels by City/County whatever you Pereference is. after you are Done Importing everything you want, its a good idea to Back up your Files , just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.