WS1098: Scanning display

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCJ2

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys new to the 1098 does the display suppose to look like this pic while scanning? I noticed when it stops on my county sheriff it sounds like a reverb or robot type voice really hard to make out what there saying I know they are not encrypted sounds fine on my radio shack pro 652. thanks for any info

Attachments

• 20180624_231029.jpg
    20180624_231029.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 250

troymail

Silent Key
I suspect that at one point, you had enabled/programmed the radio based on location. The upper scanlists (151-181 I think) are used (and enabled) for the various service types (Fire-Dispatch, Law-Talk, etc.) when locational imports are made. If you then turn off location in EZ Scan or on the radio, the labels for those scanlists revert to "Scanlist XXX" but still contain programming and are still enabled.

Not sure what is happening with the "robot type voice" if you are hearing it on another radio unencrypted and without problems.

DJ11DLN

What types of antennas are you using? Could be the 652 is getting a better signal...or your 1098 is getting too much, if it's your local system as you say it might be getting overloaded. Try the attenuator. Unplug the antenna while it's RX'ing...the two closest sites to me come in 5 bars with NO antenna when conditions are right.

Also, my 1098, as well as the other GRE800/900 pattern radios I have do not sound as clear as my Pro-197, which is basically the same radio as your 652. No amount of tweaking has solved this, I believe they just don't have as clear of audio or quite as clean of p.1 decode. But from your description of the robot-like voices, I don't think it's that, I think either the signal isn't strong enough or it's too strong. It can be hard to hit a happy medium.

Does your system use LSM? If it does that a whole another can of worms to open up...

Status
Not open for further replies.