Scanning DMR & NXDN Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad26

Premium Subscriber
I am after some help with monitoring DMR and NXDN frequencies.
I have a Uniden USDS100 with DMR and NXDN upgrade and i am not sure how to program the frequencies into the scanner. I have added some frequencies that i have been told are DMR but there is no activity on them so i may not have loaded all the information correctly.
I use the sentinel software.

Any help appreciated
Thanks in advance
Brad

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
We need more info please,

Location info of the system? (State, County, Town or City)

What type of system? Conventional or Trunked?

Is the system already listed in the RR database? If so, please list the system name, or provide the link to it.

brad26

Premium Subscriber
Apologies i am in Adelaide, Australia. I am not sure if the system i want is trunked or conventional as i am a complete newbie to DMR and NXDN.
These are the frequencies below i want to add to the scanner but i am not sure how to do it.

489.225 - CH 4 DMR (CC1) Metro
489.100 - CH 5 DMR (CC1) Mid Coast North
489.125 - CH 6 DMR (CC1) Mid Coast South
488.975 - CH 7 DMR (CC1) Myponga
489.725 - CH 8 DMR (CC1) South Coast
487.600 - CH ? DMR (CC1) Glenelg
488.800 - CH ? DMR (CC1) Metro North

Talkgroups:
100 - Operations 1 (All Patrols)
200 - Operations 2
300 - Operations 3

In 2017 Surf Life Saving S.A. upgraded their repeater network to a DMR system. Beach patrols now utilise Tait radios on the DMR network, communicating back to SURFCOM at West Beach. Some activity can also be heard on the SLSA SAGRN talkgroups.

Below are the headings in the sentinel program for setting up the frequencies and i am not sure from the info above what goes in which column

1597982845159.png

Also do i need to set anything differently in the System and Department screens?

Sorry i'm a complete newbie to this, Hope it makes sense
Cheers

OldRabbit

To get started, all you really need to do is let the scanner listen to one of the DMR frequencies. The scanner should then decode any non encrypted DMR it receives.

What I do is - connect the scanner to Proscan and monitor the History Logging and Recorder results.

When I get a new system registred, I will listen to the recording - and if interesting - add the required data to the favorites list.

For a conventional system, frequency, description, tone will do

For a DMR; you can get the frequency, color code and timeslot from the History list - and all associated talk groups from the UID Logging file in Proscan. With that in hand, you can code the system in the Favorite list - adding descriptive names to the talk groups as you figure out what is going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.