Scanning Downloaded Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssg978

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD996T and have been using the pre-programmed frequencies I ordered when I purchased the radio. I also have ARC996. I recently became a premium member of Radio Reference and downloaded into ARC some additional frequencies I was interested in. I then uploaded them to the radio, or so I thought. I've looked through the Uniden manual and the "Easier Reading" online manual, but cannot seem to find the way to make sure all the new frequencies are in and turned on for scanning.

Any help, advice, or target practice" would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks!

SSG978

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There are a few possibilities here, but the most obvious that comes to mind is did you create a new group or system, and forget to allocate and enable a quick key for it? (Been there, done that) Or did you add freqs to an already existing group? 73 Mike

w0kie

In ARC you can watch them load by watching the bottom of your ARC loading screen as it first erases (optionally) your scanner memories then loads your scanner with the groups you have checked on the left side of the ARC screen. You can then just turn your scanner off then back on and it should start scanning automatically. You can also turn on ARC's virtual scanner function to watch the scanning action on your computer screen. I believe you can also upload the channels in your scanner into ARC and then you'll see what is in your scanner.

rvictor

If you put them in a separate system, you can merely go into the menu and find that system. If you put them into an existing system, you'll need to go to that system and then into whatever group you put them in to see if they are there.

Don't forget to make a backup of the preprogrammed data since it's easy to accidentally wipe it out when uploading new data if you aren't particularly familiar with the process.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.