Scanning Federal or Military With Close Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any luck using the close call feature in the bcd396xt scanner I have tried but with no luck at all what other methods using the features in the bcd396xt scanner would you recommend using :confused::confused::confused:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Again, you would need to be real close for close call to work - like at an airshow, for instance.

Really, that's common sense....Mike

JASII

Memory Capacity
Scanning Federal With Close Call

I would forget about Close Call for this application, unless you know that you are close to your transmission source. I would just search the federal bands or enter the frequencies in the scanner sequentially. That way you can add PL/DPL/NAC codes as they are found. Also, at the risk of pointing out the obvious, many federal channels are quiet for long periods of time. It is NOT like listening to local public safety with calls being dispatched fairly often. Patience is a virtue when it comes to federal monitoring.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
If you are near a known federal facility, I would definitely try having the Close Call on. I've caught a fair amount of federal agency traffic with it, but you have to be CLOSE to trigger the Close Call feature.

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.