SDS100/SDS200: Scanning for analog frequencies (SDS100)

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
hello,

I have a SDS100 and was wondering if someone could give me a step by step on how to scan for traffic on analog frequencies please? I know there are still some analog traffic between 150mhz to 160mhz but i dont know how to scan to catch the frequencies they are talking on. I believe the small mississippi delta town I reside in has some city services still on analog.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JethrowJohnson

Like @Whiskey3JMC said, there's channels in the database for them, but if you think there's some more that aren't in there, you could run a Conventional Discovery. That way it'll log all the frequencies it finds traffic on and records the audio so you can find new frequencies and figure out who they belong to.

Ubbe

Program that custom search range with NFM and 5KHz step and digital wait time of 0 and use -10sec as delay. That way it will monitor each transmission for 10 sec, and remember to enable the recording function, and then continues to search. It will automatically decode any digital transmissions that the scanner are capable of.

You will have to sit and nurse it for 5-10 minutes until you have avoided any pager systems and interferences and then you can use search+scan to let it search and then do one scan cycle and then search again if you are actively listening and would like to still monitor your scan lists.

For each MHz of frequency you search it will use at least 2,5sec so try and keep the range as short as possible. I usually divide up a big frequency range in several small as there are 10 individual search ranges available and only use a 3-5 sec search time together with normal scanning. Then I switch to another small range the next day. At the times when I'm not listening I switch to only search mode and include the whole search range.

It gets a lot easier to analyze and get a good overview when using the Universal Scanner Audio Player software.

/Ubbe