BCD396XT/BCD996XT: Scanning Group channels...excluding site frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopher311

Premium Subscriber
I have not been able to find help on this anywhere.

To preface...let me paint a picture of my system.
I have a Trunked System Setup, specifically, the LA County ICIS System Interagency Communications Interoperability System (ICIS) Trunking System, Various, California - Scanner Frequencies
I am using both the Glendale and Burbank sites system frequencies.
I am using various talkgroup channels throughout the system.
I am able to listen to the individual channels, but here is the problem:
The scanner will scan the site frequencies as channels as well, and pick up what ever traffic is being used on that channel.

For example: I am listening only to Verdugo Fire Communication Center Channels. The scanner will scan those channels and open up as it finds traffic, however it will also play the traffic found on the actual site frequencies (such as public works, sanitation, and a bunch of other items that are not desired).

I would like to only scan the channels under my selected groups and not the frequencies under the site trunk frequencies.

Thank you.

JoeyC

A refresher course in how a trunking system would help. All of those services use all of the frequencies listed within each site.
You are only able to limit what you hear by either setting up a FL and limiting what TGs are in it, or by turning off the Service Types for the types of services you don't want to hear.

JoeyC

My bad, wrong scanner. For the 996 you need to set the scanner in ID SCAN mode not ID SEARCH, as long as you have the systems set up properly.

wtp

and help about that

when set for id scan it will scan only the groups that you have set up and save.
id search will search for all groups, unless you lock them out.
there is good and bad about each way of doing things
my girlfriend wants to see what group is talking (id scan) she set the radio up with free scan and only gets the ones she wants.
i on the other hand want to know if any new groups come along and use id search. i have been doing it for so long i just leave the numbers for the groups. but i (or you) could save any talk group and give them a name to make things easier. hope some of this makes sense. and as always if you have a question just send a pm to me.

christopher311

Premium Subscriber
Thank you

That was such a quick response! Thank you so much. The ID Search to Scan fixed my issue, but the other info was helpful as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.