Scanning in Chatham-Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

akroeze

So I'm interested in getting a new scanner to listen to everything in Chatham-Kent. The CK EDACS system is listed as using Provoice which I would assume are for the Police. I know that there are no scanners in existence that can listen to Provoice, but I would have SWORN I've heard of people listening to CK Police? Is it possible that the info in the DB is wrong? Does anyone know if I can listen to them? I want to know before I shell out the big bucks for a digital scanner...

gwtc199

Chatham-Kent Scanning

If you want to listen to CKPS the only non digital channel they have is 866.2500mhz. I've tried it and it works. As for listening to Provoice, not that I know of, but you can hear all analog talkgroups on the EDACS system. I also have a scanner for sale if your interested, it is a BCT-8 which will pick up anything in this area. If your interested e-mail me @ tchivers@cogeco.ca

akroeze

Thanks for the info

I want a scanner that can pick up OPP though so BCT8 is out

rmv221

I just programed my 396 for Chatham/Kent for EDACS standard...........was it a waste of time, are they Provoice? or can I listen to them on 866.2500mhz (police)?

gwtc199

CK EDACS system

As far as the database says ALL police comms on the Trunk system are Digital (Provoice),
I personally do have 866.2500 programmed in my BC780XLT and can hear them quite regularly, although I have found transmissions weak most of the time. Since you have the 396 put in the PL 210.7, Talking directly with an officer he said that that freq. is Probably a remote tower (Water Tower) link because of all of the dead spots in the county.

Status
Not open for further replies.