Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWarlock

Hello, I am interested in scanning in Peel.

I would like to know if anyone know the freqs for Peel Police, Peel EMS, Peel Fire.

My scanner is a Radio Shack 150 Channel Direct Entry Programable Scanner

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Peel Regional Police are now encrypted, so you are out of luck there. Also you'd be far better off asking in the Ontario forum.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Next time, use the Report Post icon at the top right of your first post and ask that the thread to be moved.
Reposting the same question is known as cross-posting and will earn you an Infraction Point.
I'll move this post and delete your post in the Ontario forum.
Welcome to the site!

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Peel EMS are on the Bell Fleetnet trunking system
and Peel Fire are on the older Peel analog system, probably soon to move to the Phase 2 Peel system only heard with a uniden BCD436HP or uniden BCD536HP or no longer made GRE PSR-800

You will not hear any of the above properly with a radioshack 150 channel non trunking radio. You could program in the frequencies and listen conventionally but it would skip around..

All frequencies can be found at.
Peel County, Ontario (ON) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Hello, I am interested in scanning in Peel.

I would like to know if anyone know the freqs for Peel Police, Peel EMS, Peel Fire.

My scanner is a Radio Shack 150 Channel Direct Entry Programable Scanner

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Peel Fire are on the older Peel analog system, probably soon to move to the Phase 2 Peel system only heard with a uniden BCD436HP or uniden BCD536HP or no longer made GRE PSR-800

While the Peel P25 system is P25 Phase II capable, all talkgroups appear to be operating in Phase I at this time.

Any scanner capable of handling a P25 system should be able to listen to the system.

SCPD

QRT
Are those the control channels or the talk around frequencies?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

TheWarlock

On 866.4375 MHz I hear the users calling "Control". Example "132 Control" So I'm not sure. I'm still trying to comprehend the different between Control Channels and Talk Around Frequencies.

mrweather

A control channel will be a continuous signal that sounds like an idling diesel engine.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Okay so then the Radio Traffic I hear on 866.4375 MHz is a talk frequency.

The frequency you listed above is just one of the voice channels for the Peel Region System,
Click on the link, you will see that 866.4375 is one of the frequencies that you will hear communications on.

Peel Region Trunking System, Peel, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

If you are trying to monitor this system with the scanner you have you will not even come close to hearing what you want to hear. You need to buy a scanner that allows you to listen to trunked systems. You will hear bits and pieces of comms, thats it. Check the frequency list, 866.4375 is just one of many voice channels to monitor. Comms will move from one VC to another that is not being used

Up till the late 90's your scanner would have been fine but not even close now.

And this system is pretty much obsolete, the users are migrating to a new Peel P25 digital and encrypted system.Check out the site and ask questions, if you want to monitor what is left to monitor you need to upgrade your scanner, buy software to control it and to build groups, talkgroups to monitor.

ninfreak

warlock it seems to me your setup is not right u should not be seeing frequency on a trunk system you should be seeing group id's just asking. is yout scanner trunktracking possable

ninfreak

I never used a radioshack brand before but just pull up the manual for a pro 91 and it does do trunk tacking so should work warlock win u can peel do u see any talk groups our just frequency

TheWarlock

So,

After reading the manual, reading through forms, and driving all around the GTA. I have finally figured out Trunking on a Pro-91 in the GTA.

I can see all the Group IDs and follow along on there communications.

I would like to thank everyone on Radio Reference for helping me out.

Much Thanks,

AP

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
While the Peel P25 system is P25 Phase II capable, all talkgroups appear to be operating in Phase I at this time.

Any scanner capable of handling a P25 system should be able to listen to the system.

So maybe it is a phase l system?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.