Scanning In Stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.

_jabber_

I just purchased a new car which has a ouput jack ( supposedly for Mp3 player ) and the bell went off to get a jack which would output my sound from the scanner into the input jack. WORKS GREAT!!! anyone looking to buy a vehicle may want to keep this in mind when purchasing. I didnt get the idea until after I bought the car but I think of it as a 'loaded' feature now. Calls come in clear over the car speakers...

Last edited:

KC0QNB

I hate to pop your bubble, but it is not stereo just multi speaker mono, public safety comms are mono period.

sulk

It should be fine, (though I don't know specifics of a quadraphonic?)

BCT15 will output stereo, but technically each channel is the same. Not different, like from a CD player or TV.

So basically a mono channel, outputted to both Left + Right.

VE3RADIO

Yeah i have the same setup in my car.. however i upgraded the stereo deck to get the feature.. cost me 79 dollars installed.

TIZ6

Surround Sound Scanners

It should be fine, (though I don't know specifics of a quadraphonic?)

BCT15 will output stereo, but technically each channel is the same. Not different, like from a CD player or TV.

So basically a mono channel, outputted to both Left + Right.

I'm glad you explained that. I could have sworn there was a slight delay or ambience in the rear channels but upon further inspection there was a chair leg crushing the speaker cables so it was slowing down the sound from reaching those speakers. Now it is, as you say, all the same, a mono signal going to four speakers.

jellotor

With dual mono scanner outputs it's pretty simple to do a bit of soldering and have two scanners hooked up to a stereo system with a different audio source (two scanners) to each input.

I did a similar thing with my previous setup where I had scanner audio to mono strips on my audio mixer. I panned the input to either the right or the left and had a scanner isolated to each speaker (or output).

Status
Not open for further replies.