Scanning in Waterloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwjmackie

Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
122
Reaction score
3
Location
Ontario, Canada
Anyone in Waterloo scanning the airwaves for anything related to Research in Motion? I see they've got an assortment of frequencies according to TAFL. I have heard a little bit of digital noise on a couple of them today, but most are silent.

I'm still fairly new to this stuff, so I don't know if my BCD396T is capable of listening to this digital stuff or if I've got it properly configured to listen to what's going on.

If there's anyone in the Waterloo area that could give me a hand, I'd appreciate it.
 

rc1990

Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
447
Reaction score
0
Location
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
You could listen to probably anything as long as it's not encrypted and you scanner can support the system.

You can listen to Police, Fire, Transit on the EDACS Waterloo Region Public Safety (Waterloo Region Public Safety Trunking System, Waterloo Region, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies) and conventionnal fire freq. Also, you can listen to the OPP. You're pretty lucky since in your county mostly everything can be monitor by a scanner.

The BCD396T is one of the best scanner out there. It does digital and analog!

Welcome to the hobby.
 

EJB

20 + year membership
Joined
Oct 29, 2002
Messages
3,845
Reaction score
259
Location
Downtown Hamilton
Anyone in Waterloo scanning the airwaves for anything related to Research in Motion? I see they've got an assortment of frequencies according to TAFL. I have heard a little bit of digital noise on a couple of them today, but most are silent.

I'm still fairly new to this stuff, so I don't know if my BCD396T is capable of listening to this digital stuff or if I've got it properly configured to listen to what's going on.

If there's anyone in the Waterloo area that could give me a hand, I'd appreciate it.

Do you have software?
If you use ARC software I have a few files that you can use in the area.
 

bwjmackie

Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
122
Reaction score
3
Location
Ontario, Canada
I use FreeScan to program my radio.

I've got the Waterloo Region Public Safety system and the Fleetnet Zone 1 system programmed in and they're working great.

My main questions are about RIM, and about this digital-sounding noise I hear from time to time. I don't know whether it is encryption, some kind of data, or an improper configuration on my part. Thanks!
 

motomeso

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
952
Reaction score
28
Location
Ontario
What was the frequency you were hearing this on? I know Spectrum sold them a MotoTRBO system for their Security department a few years ago.
 

bwjmackie

Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
122
Reaction score
3
Location
Ontario, Canada
It was one of the following - I don't remember which:
- 410.9750
- 461.3875
- 466.3875

Can a Uniden BCD396T listen to a MotoTRBO system?
 
Last edited:

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
1,503
Reaction score
8
Location
Central Ontario
It was one of the following - I don't remember which:
- 410.9750
- 461.3875
- 466.3875

Can a Uniden BCD396T listen to a MotoTRBO system?

Unfortunetly, no scanner thats available can do TRBO.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top