SDS100/SDS200: Scanning issue - Keeps re-scanning system

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I have two favorites lists scanning (FL00 and FL01). Both lists have 2 departments, Police and Fire. FL00 police has 1 channel and fire has 2. FL01 police has 2 channels and fire has 6. When scanning, the scanner is sort of rescanning FL00 police and fire channels 4 - 6 times. Then it moves to FL01 and scans the channels once. It goes back to FL00 and does the came thing, re-scanning everything 4 - 6 times. As I mentioned, FL00 is only scanning a total of 3 frequencies. FL01 is scanning a total of 8. The scanner zips through FL01, goes back to FL00 and just repeatedly scans the 3 channels over and over. I programmed it using Sentinal, DB is up to date as is the firmware and I make sure I overwrite everything when I program it each time. Has anyone seen this?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have two favorites lists scanning (FL00 and FL01). Both lists have 2 departments, Police and Fire. FL00 police has 1 channel and fire has 2. FL01 police has 2 channels and fire has 6. When scanning, the scanner is sort of rescanning FL00 police and fire channels 4 - 6 times. Then it moves to FL01 and scans the channels once. It goes back to FL00 and does the came thing, re-scanning everything 4 - 6 times. As I mentioned, FL00 is only scanning a total of 3 frequencies. FL01 is scanning a total of 8. The scanner zips through FL01, goes back to FL00 and just repeatedly scans the 3 channels over and over. I programmed it using Sentinal, DB is up to date as is the firmware and I make sure I overwrite everything when I program it each time. Has anyone seen this?
On the Menu:
Select "Set Scan Selection"
Then, on the next screen, pick "Set Lists to Monitor"
See if FL00 is listed more than once. If it is, then either delete it on the scanner, or re-write from Sentinel, after selecting "Erase Favorites Lists on Scanner" before proceeding with the write function.

If not, then take a look at system FL00 in Sentinel. See if you accidentally set a System Hold Time, maybe when you were intending to change the channel delay saying. That Hold setting is under the Options tab for each system.
1602041024158.png

I have a couple of systems that I use Hold on, intentionally, but all the rest have hold time set at zero.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I agree with Steve, there may be a couple of iterations of FL00 and it is scanning them a couple of times giving you the illusion of repetition.

If it is the System hold time, and you hold for 2 seconds, it has to spend that 2 seconds doing something. The interesting part is the scanner moves so fast, it can't actually display every channel it hits on. The speed is something like 80 channels per second, so at 2 seconds that's 160 channels. So if you have but 3 channels, it really might be scanning those 3 channels closer to 50 times, but you just don't see it.

N1GTL

Database Admin
If not, then take a look at system FL00 in Sentinel. See if you accidentally set a System Hold Time, maybe when you were intending to change the channel delay saying. That Hold setting is under the Options tab for each system.

This was this issue. Mine was set to 3 and I really didn't give it much thought. I deleted FL00 and just imported it again. Once I did the import, it was set to 0 (the default). It was just staying on that system for 3 seconds. It wasn't about the number of channels but the time. NOW it makes sense and I better understand what was going on. There is so much to learn with this scanner.

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.