Scanning issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwong22

My TRX-1 will not scanned any traffic on the City of San Diego's fire department frequencies anymore. Any solution will be helpful..

1000metereyes

Premium Subscriber
I have the same problem with my Unidens BCD436HP & BCD536HP both loaded with the Full National Database. On march 1rst about 02:00 the scanner went silent and have not been able to receive much of anything and no trunking reception. The scanners scan, but do not stop on most anything. The 436 (handheld) was turned off, not plugged in and the 536 (Base/ Mobile) was plugged in running 24/7.
I have been researching and looking for a fix including updating the firmware, reloading the database and upgrading my subscription on RR but no luck yet. I'm thinking the Splinter offset somehow got changed and I'm looking into that aspect now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is driving me nuts! :)

JoeyC

I updated the library, the scanner stop on the set channel but no audio. Is there any solution to that... Much appreciated...
Make sure you are pulling new data from the server instead of just reloading old data already stored on the scanner memory card by reimporting from the master database. The system is NO LONGER a splinter system. Make sure that is changed too.

jwong22

Make sure you are pulling new data from the server instead of just reloading old data already stored on the scanner memory card by reimporting from the master database. The system is NO LONGER a splinter system. Make sure that is changed too.
Thanks Joey C. for the info. I went back to my old Pro-97 to manually imported the new SD Metro 800 freq It work perfectly on the Pro-97 but still unable to make it work on the Whistler TRX-1. On the TRX-1 every banks worked except the SD Metro which has no audio when it stopped on it.

JoeyC

Thanks Joey C. for the info. I went back to my old Pro-97 to manually imported the new SD Metro 800 freq It work perfectly on the Pro-97 but still unable to make it work on the Whistler TRX-1. On the TRX-1 every banks worked except the SD Metro which has no audio when it stopped on it.
I don't own any Whistlers, but I do have a GRE. It requires Custom Trunking tables programmed. That may be your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.