Scanning just favorites on SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA3ERQ

I can't seem to find what I need in the manual. I just purchased and programmed my SDS200 with Sentinel. I live in Philadelphia and selected just 3 talk groups in Philadelphia and 1 in neighboring Buck's County. This is all that I want to scan but even though I have selected to AVOID every other talk group, they kept coming up unless I selected to avoid them on the scanner. I'm hoping that I just forgot to check mark something in Sentinel before programming the radio that is causing this to happen. Also, I have only selected LAW for type of channel to scan but other groups were coming up.

My question: How do I select JUST scanning the 4 channels in my favorites and nothing else.

Also, what is the difference between ID Scanning and ID Searching?

Thanks

Jim

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
ID Scanning will only let audio through for the talkgroups that you have programmed. ID Searching will let audio from ALL talkgroups on the system to come through.

RBMTS

It sounds like you have the full database turned on.

Menu -> Set Scan Selection -> Select Lists To Monitor

Turn the Full Database off. Make sure your favorite list is turned on.

That should work for you.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you have the full database turned on.

Menu -> Set Scan Selection -> Select Lists To Monitor

Turn the Full Database off. Make sure your favorite list is turned on.

That should work for you.

This @WA3ERQ

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
ID Scanning will only let audio through for the talkgroups that you have programmed. ID Searching will let audio from ALL talkgroups on the system to come through.

A side note: if a talkgroups has been avoided some way, the scanner will not let that audio come through. For example, you may have programmed Talkgroup 1234 in a group and that group is avoided. Talkgroup 1234 will not come through on ID Searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.