Scanning KSICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tontyiron

Hello. I am new to this so please bear with me. Marion county, ks is currently in the process of moving to the ksics system. Fire and EMS are moving shortly, and Law is currently using it. I would like to scan this traffic, specifically the Law channels. What kind of scanner would I need, and is the info that I need to program and listen to these talkgroups available on radioreference? Would the Unication G4 or G5 pager/scanner work with this? Thank you.

dgruver911

You will need a digital scanner. My preference is the radio shack/Whistler models but I'm sure others on here like the Unidens. Personally I think they are an abomination to program and use. But if you get one of the Radio Shack 651 or 652 or Whistler WS1040 /WS1065 models,contact me and I can program it for you at Harvey County 911. I can program the Uniden's too, I just don't like to.

Redneck0410

You will need a digital scanner. My preference is the radio shack/Whistler models but I'm sure others on here like the Unidens. Personally I think they are an abomination to program and use. But if you get one of the Radio Shack 651 or 652 or Whistler WS1040 /WS1065 models,contact me and I can program it for you at Harvey County 911. I can program the Uniden's too, I just don't like to.
Don, I'm willing to program the Uniden models if there should be a need.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Fireattack484

Feed Provider
Do yourself a favor and buy a G4/G5. Worth every penny. And if you buy one right now from Ray's pager Sales, they will give you the upcoming Phase II update for free. That's about $150 value.

Status
Not open for further replies.