Scanning LAPD/Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ASTRO Saber radio with LAPD prog in to monitor only and can pick em up very clear in south Orange County. I was wondering if anyone knows how far the Sheriff can broadcast and if I could pick em up here too if I get em programmed in. Specifically, for example "Disp 13 - Norwalk / Pico Rivera" .

Thanks

kma371

QRT
I don't know how I'd have to send it to the shop :'(

Oh sorry. By the way you worded your post I assumed you programmed it :)

Norwalk isn't that far from orange county so You would probably be able to hear them. All depends where the repeater for Norwalk station is located.

Last edited:

PaulNDaOC

Depends on how far south you are. One of the transmitter sites is at the NIKE site north of Brea and covers loud and clear at least into Mission Viejo. Coverage along the coast is hit and miss.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Make sure to get the corresponding L-Tac so you don't just hear "beep beep beep beep."

PaulNDaOC

For what it's worth, I can hear Lancaster/Palmdale,TSB, and [for some reason] Walnut/SanDimas including their corresponding L-Tac channels clear as a bell in Victorville.

TSB has countywide coverage due to being alloted the former Investigator 1 that had transmitters at all Sheriff transmiiter sites including Frost Peal above Wrightwood.

Lancaster/Palmdale and Walnut/San Dimas(for mountain coverage) also use Frost which can be heard beyond Barstow.

*** FYI I AM NOT LOOKING FOR FREE OR ILLEGITIMATE SOFTWARE ***

Hi guys!

I have a quick ?

I have a Motorola ASTRO SABER III UHF 450-512MHz (specs below i get from service mode)

R07.71.06
DSPN08.03.05
H04SDH9PW7AN
1 MEG
FLASHCODE 599008-0C1E00-3

My question is, what do I need to program this, where do I order it. (want to add a co channels basically nothing special, I'll learn more as I go but just that for now). What software and hardware? I'm running a Windows 64 bit OS.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

W6KRU

*** FYI I AM NOT LOOKING FOR FREE OR ILLEGITIMATE SOFTWARE ***

Hi guys!

I have a quick ?

I have a Motorola ASTRO SABER III UHF 450-512MHz (specs below i get from service mode)

R07.71.06
DSPN08.03.05
H04SDH9PW7AN
1 MEG
FLASHCODE 599008-0C1E00-3

My question is, what do I need to program this, where do I order it. (want to add a co channels basically nothing special, I'll learn more as I go but just that for now). What software and hardware? I'm running a Windows 64 bit OS.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

You should ask in the Motorola forum instead of attempting to hijack this thread.

W6KRU

Since he started the thread, I believe it is his to steer ...

I never realized that if you were the thread starter, you could steer a thread in any direction desired even if it was inappropriate for the forum it was in. ?????? I guess I'll just go away before I hijack the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.