Scanning Lower Mainland RCMP? (DSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamimnya

Hello,

I am wondering if it's possible to monitor RCMP in the Lower Mainland of BC using DSD along with my Uniden BCT15X. I want to know if anyone has gotten it working before I try doing it and whether it's a waste of my time.

On another note, I did notice that E-Comm was switching to a new P25 system, will the RCMP be switching to this too? Does this mean it will also be monitorable with a P25-capable scanner?

Thanks in advance.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Looking at various posts within the Prairies and Pacific Coast Forum, most of these mention that RCMP are being encrypted as they go to P25. Thus DSD would be useless as would any P25 capable scanner.

Chamimnya

Looking at various posts within the Prairies and Pacific Coast Forum, most of these mention that RCMP are being encrypted as they go to P25. Thus DSD would be useless as would any P25 capable scanner.

My main question was whether DSD would work with ProVoice, I probably should have been more clear, but thanks for letting me know about them going encrypted. Didn't know that - I was planning on just buying a P25 scanner once they switched...

Status
Not open for further replies.