Scanning Macomb County with PRO-106?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a lead on a Radio Shack PRO-106. This might be a stupid basic question, but will this scanner scan Warren and Roseville? Its gonna be for my father for Christmas, so please don't tell him if you know him. Thanks!

mikey60

Yes, the PRO-106 will scan those areas.

It's also capable of scanning Detroit, Wayne County and the rest of Macomb County. It won't scan Oakland County public safety departments though.

Mike

freqs

I have a 106 I live near 11 1/2 and Schroenherr .
The 106 works real good for the City Of Warren Trs but for the Macomb MPSCS its a bit tough at times some days I get it good then some days I get the Romeo Tower better .
I do Hear Roseville on both Towers .The Macomb MPSCS Tower is a Simulicast so those Towers are hard to pick up good .its all about location of your radio .I have found moving it to other locatios within my house it does pick up better

Thanks for the responses. Dad is at 12 and Mound, so that's where the scanner will be. I live in Roseville, so Roseville PD and FD will be secondary scanning to his hometown of Warren.

Iron6000

I second what freqs said. I'm also at 12 and Mound. Picks up Warren PD/Fire great. Anything on the simulcast towers gets to be very choppy....some days are better than others. Hope this helps

freqs

I seen a Home Patrol in action it works good on MPSCS .A bit pricey I have had luck with my 106 one day sittin at the Post Office over there

Well, long story short, I waited too long to aquire the 106 and it got sold.

The objective is for my father to be able to listen to his hometown of Warren and my hometown of Roseville. I'd like to be able to spend less than $150 on this project for him. He has a laptop and high speed wireless internet, so he could listen on here, but I'd prefer that he didn't have to drag the laptop around the house. Are there any creative solutions that come to mind to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance....

freqs

Ya a buck and a half it will be a bit hard to find a good Scanner .My 96 does well picking up the Romeo Tower from down this way and get Rosevile on that Tower .
So maybe you might find a used 96 or the like for around that price .
Seen a few on Craigslist and Ebay .Or even check Joannes CB Shop .24716 West Warren in Dearborn Hgts a few miles west of Telegraph .(313)278-0560 she sells CB Scanners works on them installs you name it new and used items

Well, long story short, I waited too long to aquire the 106 and it got sold.

The objective is for my father to be able to listen to his hometown of Warren and my hometown of Roseville. I'd like to be able to spend less than $150 on this project for him. He has a laptop and high speed wireless internet, so he could listen on here, but I'd prefer that he didn't have to drag the laptop around the house. Are there any creative solutions that come to mind to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance....
I know you want to spend less than about $150 but here is a Pro 106 with current bid of $182. Looks ok maybe some scuff marks on the bottom right but not to bad. Radio Shack Hand held digital trunking scanner pro-106 | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.