Scanning Madison County

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
What do you listen to? Does anyone listen to any of the hospital frequencies? The RR DB is not right, and I'm trying to nail down the correct Cap+ LCNs.

kd4ozt

What do you listen to? Does anyone listen to any of the hospital frequencies? The RR DB is not right, and I'm trying to nail down the correct Cap+ LCNs.
JMCGH has multi-site capacity plus MotoTRBO system for non-EMS radios. EMS is a site-connect consisting of 3 different systems. Frequencies should be current on FCC database. Knowing which frequency is tied to system is the challenge.

kd4ozt

JMCGH has multi-site capacity plus MotoTRBO system for non-EMS radios. EMS is a site-connect consisting of 3 different systems. Frequencies should be current on FCC database. Knowing which frequency is tied to system is the challenge.
Admin 1 is an analog single frequency.
Admin 2/3 is MotoTRBO stand alone repeater
Talkgroups on the LCP system are: ER 1-2, Shuttle Bus, Engineering 1-4, Info Sys, Surgery, Incident Command A-D, Affiliate Wide, KCC, North Admin 1-2, North Surgery, North Eng, North ER, Security 1-2, MedLink, North, Dyersburg, Bolivar, Camden, Milan, Martin, & Humboldt.

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
The hospital owns what seems like a million frequencies. From what I've been able to gather, they only use 3 at the main campus and one on the north campus for the Cap+ system. I can't find any other Cap+ freqs besides 463.650 at the north campus, and it seems weird since it beacons out to be the second frequency (LCN 2).

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
Admin 1 is an analog single frequency.
Admin 2/3 is MotoTRBO stand alone repeater
Talkgroups on the LCP system are: ER 1-2, Shuttle Bus, Engineering 1-4, Info Sys, Surgery, Incident Command A-D, Affiliate Wide, KCC, North Admin 1-2, North Surgery, North Eng, North ER, Security 1-2, MedLink, North, Dyersburg, Bolivar, Camden, Milan, Martin, & Humboldt.
Am I correct in assuming that "Admin 1" is the "Ambulance to ER" 155.340 system, and "Admin 2/3" are the MedLink EMS dispatch systems, one north and one south? As for the Cap+ system, what are the talkgroup numbers? I've just been guessing, according to traffic. I know that 251 is Security and 252 is MedLink dispatch.

kd4ozt

Am I correct in assuming that "Admin 1" is the "Ambulance to ER" 155.340 system, and "Admin 2/3" are the MedLink EMS dispatch systems, one north and one south? As for the Cap+ system, what are the talkgroup numbers? I've just been guessing, according to traffic. I know that 251 is Security and 252 is MedLink dispatch.
Ems is completely different vhf system. One uhf talk group has Ems tied in.
340 is simplex not connected to anything.
Lots of frequencies are for telemetry

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Drive to the Areas served by West Tn Healthcare other than Jackson Tn and tell me what you hear.
Dyersburg Tn is 100% Encrypted on both sides.
The sites in Gibson County are Encrypted.
Benton County
McNairy County
Chester County

Last edited:

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
Drive to the Areas served by West Tn Healthcare other than Jackson Tn and tell me what you hear.
Dyersburg Tn is 100% Encrypted on both sides.
I believe you. I was told that they are transitioning to a new system, and that is why they are unencrypted. I also hear unencrypted EMS on 152.9225 Mhz. I'm not sure who they are, but I'm pretty sure it's not Madison County.

ki4hyf

Premium Subscriber
The sites in Gibson County are Encrypted.
Apparently, not any more. I checked out the Gibson Co EMS this morning, and at least the Milan site is in the clear. Is there any truth to the rumor that MedLink EMS is going to join TACN?