Scanning NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCSDRO

Do QBs still get RF in the helmet from the sidelines?

If I recall correctly, a coach can transmit to the QB for 15 sececonds after each down before the transmission automatically cuts out.

Anybody ever monitored it? Pretty impressive to tell your drunk friends sitting next to you in the stands what you would run if you were on the field while simply "listening to the am broadcast" through an earpiece.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
SCSDRO said:
Do QBs still get RF in the helmet from the sidelines?

If I recall correctly, a coach can transmit to the QB for 15 sececonds after each down before the transmission automatically cuts out.

Anybody ever monitored it? Pretty impressive to tell your drunk friends sitting next to you in the stands what you would run if you were on the field while simply "listening to the am broadcast" through an earpiece.

I believe this has been discussed before. The communications are either encrypted, or use a digital format that scanners can't pick up.

dangitdoug

W4KRR said:
I believe this has been discussed before. The communications are either encrypted, or use a digital format that scanners can't pick up.

Ken

You are correct. The signal is encrypted. Each team has their league assigned equipment. No team is able to hear another team's signal.

Doug K

csvff78

Each team is assigned a UHF freq pair. They utilize a rolling code voice inversion scheme. It sounds like voice inversion, but utilizes a rolling code to prevent listening.

Frank K3FSS

ecps92

You can hear them..

You can't Decode the Audio tho

W4KRR said:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Right, because the communications are encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.