Scanning North Dallas, Tx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

digtracker

Can anyone help me with the proper channel, or channels, for my area in north dallas? I am in the Forest/Inwood section. I have tried northwest and northeast channels to no avail.
Thanks. Digtracker

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone help me with the proper channel, or channels, for my area in north dallas? I am in the Forest/Inwood section. I have tried northwest and northeast channels to no avail.
Thanks. Digtracker
Depending on exactly where you are, you're either going to be in the North Central Patrol Division (Channel 6, 460.175, pl 173.8), or Northwest Patrol (Channel 5. 460.075, also pl 173.8). Although the dividing line takes sort of a 'jog' at that intersection, Inwood is roughly the eastern boundary of Northwest, and the western boundary of North Central in that area.

See the Dallas PD beat map page here, to get a better idea. Click on the 'top' map for either division to get an overview, before selecting one of the sector maps below it.

Dallas PD non-dis-positioned calls cad list is here.

Fire station locations can be found here, if interested.
Active fire calls listed here or alternative site, which I like better, is this one.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info, Steve! I,ll pull up maps from info you provided and go from there.
If you want to get even more specific, you can also go to the city's web page:
Welcome to the City of Dallas, Texas - City Web Portal
Click on Map on the left side menu, then zoom in, and select "query a point" or search by address to get specific information, such as trash pickup day, fire department district, and police patrol beat. The first number of the "beat" will tell you the division.
Example: Beat 641 would be in North Central Patrol Division (usually referred to as "Channel 6" on the radio because that's the numeric order).
Beat 524 would be in 'Channel 5', Northwest Patrol Division.

The map can be a bit clunky to use, but you can get your actual beat # this way.

reedeb

North Central. [I'm over yonder in the Northeast ] I try to monitor all but my area is in priority. I can tell ya Friday and Sat. nights are crazy at times.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
North Central. [I'm over yonder in the Northeast ] I try to monitor all but my area is in priority. I can tell ya Friday and Sat. nights are crazy at times.
It can get crazy over here across the river in "Southwest" as well, especially when the "Knife & Gun Club" meets on Friday/Saturday nights. I've got an ancient Regency HX1500 scanner, probably 25 years old or more. No text tags, 55 channels, looks like a walkie-talkie. It sits in a drop-in charger. I keep Ch.4 (S/W) in there as priority, to cover the neighborhood, plus a couple of DFR frequencies.

reedeb

It can get crazy over here across the river in "Southwest" as well, especially when the "Knife & Gun Club" meets on Friday/Saturday nights. I've got an ancient Regency HX1500 scanner, probably 25 years old or more. No text tags, 55 channels, looks like a walkie-talkie. It sits in a drop-in charger. I keep Ch.4 (S/W) in there as priority, to cover the neighborhood, plus a couple of DFR frequencies.

yesyes-1.gif
I use my Dualband ham [set on monitor] for chan 2 [460.375]

SCPD

QRT

Northeast stay's insane! I'm surprised no one has bulldozed Melody Ln. or turned 5 points into a park yet. Northeast Covert (TG; 9072) is funner to listen to than David Letterman at times ....

Status
Not open for further replies.