Scanning/Programming Santa Rosa PD (CA) P-25 Phase II system/TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

oblivius

Hello... I just bought a TRX-1 scanner and need help knowing if ive programmed the above TSYS correctly.. Im not a novice user so I seem to have the TSYS programmed correctly but the TG for SRPD Dispatch won't come in.. I live approx 16 miles away from Santa Rosa border but Ive also been in the middle of Santa Rosa for long enough to know that the radio is not picking up the system as expected. I have two Kenwood radios with the SRPD analog system and they pick up all the dispatch and mobile field radio Transmissions. When i was in SR the analog radios were chatting away and the TRX-1, while stopping on the TSYS and Beeped a few times (I have it set to alert beep) it did NOT pick up words that i was able to hear. Im not sure if im supposed to use the WILDCARD TG or the RADIO ID or both... In the manual it says to program "65535" in the WILDCARD field and then it reads this: copy/pasted Alpha Tag In the following step you will store a Wildcard talkgroup with the number 65535. If you would rather store a TGRP object for a specific talkgroup ID, just press the number keys to enter the talkgroup ID of the desired talkgroup, then press the SEL key to store the ID. HINT: TGRP objects are also used to receive Private/ Individual Calls on trunking systems that support these call types. Simply check the Radio ID check box. A Wildcard TGRP object with Radio ID box checked will monitor all Private/Individual Calls seen on the system, or you can specify a radio ID to watch for in the ID: field.
This is the part im having trouble with... IF anyone can point me in the right direction id be very very grateful... I could even meet in person (or by phone) and pay for the time if necessary... I don't have a lot of extra $$ but it would be worth it IF i could monitor this agency... Thanks for your time
Dave

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming you are talking about the below system, if so please read the description on the site. It says "simulcast", as numerous threads have mentioned, the only scanners that decode those systems well are the SDS series, though a SDR or Unication Pager will also do a good job. Whistler, and other Uniden, scanners do not play nice with simulcast as they are not designed to work on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.