Scanning "Tennessee Homeland Security District 7 NXDN System'

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcox

Looking for a way to listen to an NXDN system (NXDN NEXEDGE 4800, Tennessee Homeland Security District 7 NXDN System) with some nearby sites without breaking the bank. Is a used Icom F4161 with cable and software a possibility?

TomTN

"Breaking the bank" is relative.

Two common solutions are available. Both require knowledge. Neither is "plug and play."

The first, and easier of the two, is to purchase a Whistler TRX series scanner."

The second is to use a SDR and software. The learning curve is larger with this solution but the cost is lower.

troymail

Silent Key
Is the F4161 out of the question? Can't afford the Whistler, and am aware of the SDR.

From what I'm seeing online, unless I'm reading it wrong or something, the Whistler doesn't cost all that much more than one of these F4161's - possibly even less ($460 - $685+?).

I do see some used F4161's on eBay, etc for $99 -- not sure I'd trust that though.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Troy it is not a persay voting system it is a NXDN TRUNKING system that has control channels. These would work for Gibson and Fayette Counties but I do not see how it would work for the 7 County Trunking System.

Status
Not open for further replies.