Scanning Unknown Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwheeloc

Premium Subscriber
Greetings, I am near the Loon Mountain ski area in Lincoln, NH and am hearing several control channels come across the scanner which sounds like Motorola. I have tried to search RadioReference but I find no such system listed. I have entered a trunk system into my Uniden SDS100 and tried Motorola and P25 Trunk to no avail. MotoTRBO wants an Input LCN which I do not know. How do you set up an unknown trunking system if you do not know what system they are on? Is there a way of mapping it out?

ecps92

What Frequencies ?

The VHF/UHF band today has been wide open, folks reporting from Boston hearing Nova Scotia, Maine and New Hampshire better than ever.
Greetings, I am near the Loon Mountain ski area in Lincoln, NH and am hearing several control channels come across the scanner which sounds like Motorola. I have tried to search RadioReference but I find no such system listed. I have entered a trunk system into my Uniden SDS100 and tried Motorola and P25 Trunk to no avail. MotoTRBO wants an Input LCN which I do not know. How do you set up an unknown trunking system if you do not know what system they are on? Is there a way of mapping it out?

zwheeloc

Premium Subscriber
The systems I have heard sound like the attachments (WAV files). I have logged the following frequencies:

When scanning, they don't come up with anything on the display. Saw one ctcss. So I am not sure what I am hearing. It sounds similar to a motorola Type II control channel.

Attachments

• Audio.zip
    111.5 KB · Views: 21

garys

Premium Subscriber
He might be confusing "analog" versus "digital" and "conventional" versus "trunked." That seems to happen fairly often.

All the licenses are "IG" which is conventional.

can you elaborate what flavor of trunking they are using then ?
CON+, Cap+ ??

Metronorthradio

FREQ OF NATURE
Use XPR 5350’s. Channels 1-5 are all DMR six through eight are conventional and channel 9 is receive only, unknown use. Channel 2 is not designated on their call list and don’t know why.

Attachments

• DDB0276B-01BE-419E-8FB7-BDF84BF100FF.jpeg
    DDB0276B-01BE-419E-8FB7-BDF84BF100FF.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.