• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Scanning USA Mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone received their August issue of Scanning USA this month?? Have been receiving it for years now and have not received my August issue yet..Have tried to email them and the emails are being returned.Anyone have any info on them..Thanks.

SCPD

Don't have mine either. Their phone number is 630-499-5851. Their website says they are opened on Saturdays but I never got anyone to answer. You can bet I will be on the phone Monday morning.

mandlair

I received mine last week sometime and julys issue i received like 3rd week of june strange that never happened before. mike

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks guys I was just wondering if it was just me or not..Mine ends in Dec. of this year..

Chief71

KD8BER said:
Has anyone received their August issue of Scanning USA this month?? Have been receiving it for years now and have not received my August issue yet..Have tried to email them and the emails are being returned.Anyone have any info on them..Thanks.
I haven't received mine yet either. I called last week and they said the magazines were mailed out late and it should arrive at anytime now.

cellblock776

DaveIN said:
Nope, I certainly don't have that issue yet but then again I'm not sure if I got the August issue either. Looking more and more like my subscription did indeed run out. Oh well. I did get the latest issue of Army Times in the mail yesterday. That's pretty cool and there's no way I'll let the subscription run out on it. Gotta have my Army Times every week.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
I had it a few years ago (maybe 7 or 8). Is it worth subscribing to now? I know I'm asking personal opinions, but let them rip. I get some pretty good & timely information on this site. I wouldn't mind receiving something in the mail on scanning that I can set down and read if the content is good, however.

scanningusa

I don't consider scanningusa to be a very good INFORMATIVE mag. I stopped buying a copy at the local Boarders books and they stopped carrying it. Guess I was the only one.
Unlee you're new to scanning neither magazine (Monitoring Times) don't have much to offer.

trunker0205

I went to Barnes + Nobel yesterday and bought the November issue of Scanning USA..

I was surprised to see November out so fast in stores..I just signed up for subscription

Can anyone who has been getting the magazine have they done a BCD-996T review yet...

whooey

They probably wont have that review on the 996T unitl 01/07, LOL.

I did not renew my subscription to SUSA, there was one article that struck me wrong about 6-7 months ago. One of the writers went on and on saying its a "privilege" to subscribe to their magazine and blah blah blah. Really coming down on the people who subscribe. Havent read it since.

Besides, like others have said, unless your a newbie, you dont learn much by reading it.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to get in touch with them? The phone number on the site goes right to a fax machine and the email address in no good? Still have not received my August issue as of today..I am not going to renew again after having it going for 5 years now..

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
whooey said:
I did not renew my subscription to SUSA, there was one article that struck me wrong about 6-7 months ago. One of the writers went on and on saying its a "privilege" to subscribe to their magazine and blah blah blah. Really coming down on the people who subscribe. Havent read it since.

Besides, like others have said, unless your a newbie, you dont learn much by reading it.
Yes I agree I should have stopped my subscription after that article was printed..

Go-24

whooey said:
They probably wont have that review on the 996T unitl 01/07, LOL.

Monitoring Times did a 996 review in their July issue. ;)

Probably true but I still pick em up. I'm not impressed with the editor; lots of errors in the USASCAN magazine.

Chief71

KD8BER said:
Does anyone know how to get in touch with them? The phone number on the site goes right to a fax machine and the email address in no good? Still have not received my August issue as of today..I am not going to renew again after having it going for 5 years now..
1-630-499-5851

Mine finally came in the mail 3 days ago.

RESCUE4NFD

Scanning USA

I stopped receiving Scanning USA two years ago not because of the Mag,I liked the articles,etc.,but the customer serviced SUCKED !I was told after A June issue was 6 weeks late that the printing company had trouble with their equipment.I called a week later and was told that it would arrive in MAYBE 2 weeks.
Sorry Scanning USA,good MAG..........BAD Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.