scanning usa magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechanic

hopefully this is the right place to put this .i have a subscription to scanning usa magazine until april 2009 .i have not received an issue since march 2008 .i cant get through on the phone ,and the web site is gone .are the officially out of business ?.if they are i guess the next step is the attorney general .

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
From all indications, yes, Scanning USA is no more. Good luck trying to get anything out of them, even with the Attorney General (who will likely dead-end the complaint in a consumer complain division of one kind or another...) 73 Mike

mechanic

thank for the honest response.ill check with the better business bureau. of course the right thing to do would have been to send a letter to subscribers and reimburse their money ,but apparantly all the talk about honor among radio hobbiests by the editor was just a lot of hype .

n2mdk

The truth of the matter is if they had the money to return to the subscribers then most likely you would still be getting the ragazine, err magazine.

mechanic

at least a letter with an apology would have been the decent thing to do.not leading everone on .i guess the only honor he believes in is ,honor among thieves.its too bad he is a member of this great site .he should be banned , tarred and feathered .

af5rn

Been discussed here for months already:

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?p=770219

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83548&highlight=scanning+usa

But yeah, apparently he just slithered away like a snake in the night, with no warning, apology, explanation, or farewell to anybody. He even kept taking money from new subscribers after he already stopped publication.

His name, home address, phone number, and personal e-mail is still available on Whois. Give him a call around noon.... Iraq time. ;)

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
You know what can be done to a slithering snake?? Anyways, big surprise. I have never seen a rag that went out of business do the right thing. They have a little of my money but piss on them. Karma baby. It will come around. Just expensive ass wipe is all it turned out to be. I'll bet their family business is in about the same shape too.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
It's unfortunate that this magazine could not be made to work. I subscribed for a year, but chose not to renew my subscription. The spelling and grammar errors in the publication were enough to drive me nuts. Apparently the proofreading being done was, uh, not being done or being done by someone who needed some remedial English. The "filler" of frequency lists was a waste as well. On the plus side, the article "Steve's Scanner Shop" was always an interesting one.

It is unfortunate that they took the money and ran though. But, such is the way of the world. I stick to "Popular Communications" and "Monitoring Times", both fine publications that have withstood the test of time.

ecps92

Maybe we can get Steve to post on one of the Mail Lists, like Scan-L

scancapecod said:
It's unfortunate that this magazine could not be made to work. I subscribed for a year, but chose not to renew my subscription. The spelling and grammar errors in the publication were enough to drive me nuts. Apparently the proofreading being done was, uh, not being done or being done by someone who needed some remedial English. The "filler" of frequency lists was a waste as well. On the plus side, the article "Steve's Scanner Shop" was always an interesting one.

It is unfortunate that they took the money and ran though. But, such is the way of the world. I stick to "Popular Communications" and "Monitoring Times", both fine publications that have withstood the test of time.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I think Scanning USA Magazine wrote their death sentence awhile back when the editor wrote a scathing notice to all the subscribers that were complaining about their magazines being late, or not being delivered at all.

Gee...the nerve of customers expecting to get what they paid for! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.