scanning....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffy

I have my Pro-60 for listening to F.M. radio but I listen mostly to A.M. radio... talk shows and whatnot. What scanner(s) have the A.M. freqs included? I listen to my scanners a lot and certain times of the day and night I like listening to A.M. I like the idea of having all I listen to in one unit. I'm guessing the A.M. freqs in a police scanner aren't that great but the stations I want to listen to are close by.

Jeff ... Burr oak lake

Scanners: Pro - 84, 94, 89, 96, 60, 93

kf4uuz

I have my Pro-60 for listening to F.M. radio but I listen mostly to A.M. radio... talk shows and whatnot. What scanner(s) have the A.M. freqs included? I listen to my scanners a lot and certain times of the day and night I like listening to A.M. I like the idea of having all I listen to in one unit. I'm guessing the A.M. freqs in a police scanner aren't that great but the stations I want to listen to are close by.

Jeff ... Burr oak lake

Scanners: Pro - 84, 94, 89, 96, 60, 93
I can't seem to recall any scanners able to receive the AM broadcast band. However, many wideband receivers are able to receive the AM broadcast band,as well as aircraft, along with some FM public safety; with limitations.
Everything comes down to what your particular listening/monitoring needs are.

RadioDaze

The BR330T works great.

+1 to that. If you take the time to rotate the unit so its ferrite bar antenna is oriented to the signal, it works quite well. At least it does in the semi-metro area I live in. What a great scanner, if you don't need digital. Before the DTV switch, I used to pick up TV audio on it, too.

Sometimes I wish I didn't own one, just so I could buy it all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.