scannner freqs for chater cable in mcdowell county

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashtroth

does anyone know what freqs charter communications uses in marion nc.it used to be 461.5750 but that freq is not used anymore

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was talking to a suoervisor in the Hickory call center, and she said they had switched to nextel. That was in December.

psol113

yes they may have gone to nextel but you go 5mi's south of I-40 and LOW AND BEHOLD NO SERVICE!

so i really douht that the marion office is useing NEXTEL OR THE BURNSVILLE BAKERSVILLE AREA

YEAH THAT FREQ IS DEAD BUT I'M LISTENING EVERY DAY FOR ALL BUS FREQS HERE IN MCDOWELL CO.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
psol113-
1) no need to type in all caps...you can make a point without typing in all caps..
2) just because there is a dead spot in Nextels coverage does not mean a business will shun them...having worked for Nextel in the past I can tell you cable companies (including charter) do have accounts with Nextel....and Grog has a good track record here at RR.com and has never provided misleading info so I am gonna believe the info he gave on this subject...
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

psol113 said:
yes they may have gone to nextel but you go 5mi's south of I-40 and LOW AND BEHOLD NO SERVICE!

so i really douht that the marion office is useing NEXTEL OR THE BURNSVILLE BAKERSVILLE AREA

YEAH THAT FREQ IS DEAD BUT I'M LISTENING EVERY DAY FOR ALL BUS FREQS HERE IN MCDOWELL CO.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
FWIW - The FCC ULS is showing 5 conventional repeater licenses for Charter Communications that may be accessible from locations in McDowell County:

461.175 - Burke County
461.325 - Buncombe County
463.9875 - Buncombe County
463.450 - Yancey County
464.025 - Yancey County

The most-interesting frequency above might be 461.175 - Burke County. The license was issued issued April 14, 2006.

Although I haven't made any new entries for them in my log for almost a year, Charter techs were using an unlicensed repeater - 453.450 / DPL 125 - residence service calls in portions of Caldwell County.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I live in a charter area (Lincoln) but I've not noticed if their newer vechicles have antennas anymore. I know they used to have 5bd UHF antennas on some of them. Maybe I should pack one of my cars near the local Charter office with the "loner" 246t running a log? That'd be one way to see atleast if they are still running UHF.

I guess I have a homework assignment :)

I will add, the info I got was from a woman I was trying to date. It didn't look like it was going to work out, so I figured I'd get some scanning answers. No reason for it to be a total waste :lol: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.