TRX-1: Scans all scanlists, whether I want it to or not...

VA3WEX

Premium Subscriber
Using EZscan to program a TRX-1. Not sure what I did, but I messed something up.

The scanner scans ALL the scanlists, ignoring whether or not I have them selected via MENU > SCANLISTS.

So, what setting did I mess up?

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
In EZ Scan, you may have selected to 'Enable' all the lists in your scan. Every Scanlist that you 'Enable' will be included in your scan when you first boot up the radio. 'Enable' is a very awkward term to use, because it implies that you'd better check the box for every scanlist you want AVAILABLE. If you're in your default Scan Set (and you apparently are!) they're already 'available.'

Just enable the few that you would want on-screen as your starting point. You can bring others into the scan simply by keying in their Scanlist # while the radio is scanning. You can also remove any scanlist from the scan by keying in its number.

Handy Hint - I find it helpful to include each scanlist's number in its alpha tag.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

racingfan360

Also check in EZScan Advanced Features > Scan Sets settings at the top right of the screen. Could be set to Ignore Scan list enabling?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Also check in EZScan Advanced Features > Scan Sets settings at the top right of the screen. Could be set to Ignore Scan list enabling?
I agree! Under the Advanced Features tab, in the upper right area of the page, Scan Set Mode should be set to "Scan Sets Require Scan Lists to be enabled." Any scan lists in an enabled scan set cannot be turned off if Scan Set Mode is set to "Scan Sets Ignore Scan List enabled setting."

tvengr

Well Known Member
The scanner scans ALL the scanlists, ignoring whether or not I have them selected via MENU > SCANLISTS.

You don't need to go into the menu to enable or disable scan lists. It can be done from the keypad. From the manual:

To enable or disable Scanlists:

While scanning, pressing 1 thru 200 will toggle the selected scanlist on or off. Each button must be pressed within 2 second of the last. If more than 1 scanlist will be toggled on or off, press the decimal once as a separator. Pressing the decimal twice will end the sequence. Example: If you wish to toggle scanlist 9 you press 9 If you wish to toggle scanlist 9, 11, and 22 simply press the following 9 . 11 . 22 or 9 . 11 . 22 . or 9 . 11 . 22..

VA3WEX

Premium Subscriber
Bingo! That did the trick:

Scan Sets = only what you're interested in at the beginning not everything
Scan Lists = "Scan Sets Require Scan Lists to be enabled"

Works like a charm.

Thank you all most kindly!

VA3WEX

Premium Subscriber
You don't need to go into the menu to enable or disable scan lists. It can be done from the keypad. From the manual:

To enable or disable Scanlists:

While scanning, pressing 1 thru 200 will toggle the selected scanlist on or off. Each button must be pressed within 2 second of the last. If more than 1 scanlist will be toggled on or off, press the decimal once as a separator. Pressing the decimal twice will end the sequence. Example: If you wish to toggle scanlist 9 you press 9 If you wish to toggle scanlist 9, 11, and 22 simply press the following 9 . 11 . 22 or 9 . 11 . 22 . or 9 . 11 . 22..
Cool--that's a good shortcut.

Thanks!