WS1095: Scanset question WS1095 & TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Quick question: Is a scanset the same thing in the uniden world as a Favorite List? It seems to be acting that way.

I was working on a friend of mine's scanners today and noticed that in order for anything to scan, that scanset 1 had to be on. I come from the Uniden world where everything is assigned to a favorite list. Is this the same thing?

ecarvalho

A scanset may have many scanlists assigned to it. In the ezscan software you may also turn off scansets

wbswetnam

Quick question: Is a scanset the same thing in the uniden world as a Favorite List? It seems to be acting that way.

I was working on a friend of mine's scanners today and noticed that in order for anything to scan, that scanset 1 had to be on. I come from the Uniden world where everything is assigned to a favorite list. Is this the same thing?

The 'Scan List' is Whistler's equivalent to Uniden's 'Favorites List'. However, in EZScan you can group scan lists together, into 'Scan Sets'. This is convenient if you are in different areas and you listen to different sets of scan lists depending on where you are. For example, when I drive across the state of Arkansas for business, I typically take one of two different routes through the state. For each route, I have a scan set created: "Northern Route"and "Southern Route". In each of those two scan sets, I have different scan lists that I monitor. There are a few scan lists that are in both scan sets, too, such as AWIN (Arkansas Wireless Information Network).

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Thank you guys very much! I understand it now and can wait to buy a trx-1 or 2. They sound great and have many great features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.