Scantenna Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BNN987

Hey guys,
I just bought a scantenna and it looks really neat. i have my antenna mast already and i looked at the directions opend the box and i am so confused, it all seems like another language. i have no idea how to connect hte coax wire to the antenna or anything... anyone able to help me in any way? I need to know where to put everything. installing isnt a problem, setting it up is the problem!

jrs71

If your "scantenna" is actually an ST2 by AntennaCraft, it comes basically pre-assembled. All you need do is unfold it, attach the balun to its holder, attach the balun wires to the wing nut terminals on the antenna, and attach your coax to the proper end of the balun. Presto! It's assembled.

The ST2 is a good antenna, I've had one up for over a year and it has performed very well.

RISC777

jrs71 has a good question: is it an ST2 'Scantenna' by Antennacraft? If it is, just as he said. The balun has two leads that attach to the antenna and the supplied coax goes to the other end of the balun.

If it's not a Scantenna ST2, specific model and mfr. would be needed for any other help.

RISC777

Warren,
Mine ain't got no Japanese writing on it. Be kind of difficult to put top down lettering on an antenna, wouldn't it? :lol:
Doug M

RISC777

Maybe too much Foxworthy, or too many exile years E of the Mississippi and S of Virginia.

So, Dwayne, you probably know what nunya means too, right?

`Doug

RISC777

BNN987,
Did you get your new antenna up ??

edit : No 'documentation' shipped or came with it? It was new, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.