Scantenna inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEVPRO95

I purchased a Scantenna ST2 and I have it inside my apartment.

It's left to right instead of up and down. Will this make a huge difference?

My problem with installing it outside is a tree is about 10-15' away from power lines. That would be the only place to mount it. I didn't cause I figured it wouldn't be safe. Am I right?

Any ideas where to put it for max effects? My ceilings are 7'.

I'm picking up channels 26 miles south of my location with 1bar signal.
North is 20miles with full bars.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I purchased a Scantenna ST2 and I have it inside my apartment.

It's left to right instead of up and down. Will this make a huge difference?

My problem with installing it outside is a tree is about 10-15' away from power lines. That would be the only place to mount it. I didn't cause I figured it wouldn't be safe. Am I right?

Any ideas where to put it for max effects? My ceilings are 7'.

I'm picking up channels 26 miles south of my location with 1bar signal.
North is 20miles with full bars.

That antenna should be vertical because the signals are vertical. Outside would be better I'd ask your apartment owner first. Not in the tree, is there a TV antenna on the roof already?

KEVPRO95

That antenna should be vertical because the signals are vertical. Outside would be better I'd ask your apartment owner first. Not in the tree, is there a TV antenna on the roof already?

Can't put it on the roof. No antennas there either.

Kevin

br0adband

If it works inside, fine, but as noted it should be mounted in the proper position (standing or vertical) because the antennas broadcasting the signals you want to monitor are mounted in the same position aka it's a polarization thing.

KEVPRO95

Ok understandable. I'll have to find a way to mount it outside. But not in a tree or roof. How about a 10' pole that's in the ground?

Kevin

doublescan

Even on a short pole, if it's outside it should work nicely. Go high enough with the pole to keep the elements away from kids, lawnmowers, cattle,etc. (it's a fairly long antenna, as you know)

KEVPRO95

Even on a short pole, if it's outside it should work nicely. Go high enough with the pole to keep the elements away from kids, lawnmowers, cattle,etc. (it's a fairly long antenna, as you know)

Ok thanks. I'll see what I can come up with. What about grounding this? Or will the pole into the ground take care of that?

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.