SCFD EMS Dispatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

Are the units SCFD EMS dispatch Rural Metro ambulances? I don't think SCFD has its own units like Memphis??????? In the past, I have heard Rural Metro on the old UHF MedCom freqs. Are they now using the 800 hospital talk groups?

Thanks again for your help.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
SCFD/R have thier own units. Rural Metro is also dispatched with bigger incidents, and/or if certian residents have contracts with em too.... When I lived in Memphis/Bartlett Most of the usual calls were responded to by SCFD/R though RM did respond on large incidents. Also the other private EMS agency would sometimes be requested to respond also.

Neal

Shelby Co EMS

Rural Metro runs private ambulances in Memphis nd Shelby County. Their dispatch frequency os 464.6000 MHz with a PL code of 141.3 Hz. They dispatch their ambulances on non-emergency calls in both the city and county on this frequency. They will on occasions dispatch city emergency calls inside Memphis when The Memphis Fire Dept. is out of ambulances.

Shelby County Fire Dept does not have any ambulances. The county contracts with Rural Metro for six emergency ambulances in the county. They are dispatched on the Shelby Co. Fire 800 MHz trunked system. (Units 31 - 39) If they are tied up the Rural Metro dispatcher will send a city unit to the county and it is dispatched on the company frequency.

Hope this helps.

Neal Talley
WA4EAI
901-494-2738

Status
Not open for further replies.