Schematic For BC350C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaesu_dave

Does anyone know where I can find a schematic or a service manual for the BC350C? Searching Google turned up little or no useful information, and the closest thing to a BC350C service manual at Uniden's web site is a service manual for the BCT7. Any help would be greatly appreciated: I've got a BC350C with poor receive sensitivity, and without a schematic or service manual, it's almost impossible to know where to begin with troubleshooting.

David

KC0QNB

Just curious do you have an external antenna? Did the receiver sensitivity issue start all of a sudden? Is the radio new?
the easy test is to listen to a NOAA weather radio station they are always on the air, well in theory anyway. I routinely check my radio's receive with the local weather radio transmitter.

yaesu_dave

Hi Ryan,

Since I just purchased the BC350C on line yesterday, I haven't received it yet and had a chance to evaluate just how poor the sensitivity is. The seller's description just stated that the scanner had very poor receive sensitivity, and since the price was right, I bought it to use as a parts radio since I already own several BC350C's. However, since I like to tinker, I can't resist the urge to see if I can fix the sensitivity problem before I relegate the radio to parts status. Unfortunately, it seems that Uniden is extremely limited in the number of services manuals and schematics that are available for their products, so I may end up using the BC350C for parts after all if I can't locate at least a schematic for the radio.

David

KC0QNB

Wait, before you junk the radio for poor RX sensitivity hook it up to a good antenna and see how it performs, how many requests have you read on here asking about the "best antenna" for me, it could be simply the seller didn't post his best antenna question, and is clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.