Schenectady county n.y. 800 system

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
If I'm reading the FCC information correctly, the license for the trunked system (frequencies were mentioned in the post about this subject earlier last year) was granted on June 3rd, 2020.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
147 hits and no one knows anything?.WOW

The frequencies are in the FCC ULS as of last summer, looks like 6 frequencies, pump them in and see when the actions starts, anything else is speculation until control channel and traffic starts coming across the freqs. Looks like microwave backhaul was licensed in the fall

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
The frequencies are in the FCC ULS as of last summer, looks like 6 frequencies, pump them in and see when the actions starts, anything else is speculation until control channel and traffic starts coming across the freqs. Looks like microwave backhaul was licensed in the fall
Should I plug the 6 frequencies in as separate conventional P25 channels in Sentinel or should I create a P25 system with one site and put all of the frequencies in that way?

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Should I plug the 6 frequencies in as separate conventional P25 channels in Sentinel or should I create a P25 system with one site and put all of the frequencies in that way?

All of them right now, dunno, is there a constant transmission on one of the freqs indicating a control channel? Is anyone in the immediate area reliably picking up anything on those channels?

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Schenectady. I plugged those frequencies into my scanners last night. If/when I hear anything I'll report back.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if something is coming alive with the new system and maybe it is or will be connected to the Albany County system.
851.2875, which is one of Schenectady County's new licensed channels, is broadcasting a control channel with the same system ID as Albany's system (695), but with a site ID of 004 and a NAC of 694. The alternate CC's being broadcast are 851.850, 852.075, 852.350 (all of which are licensed to Schenectady County).
Pro96Com shows it's currently in Site Trunking, and the Albany system is not broadcasting it as a neighbor.
This is recent, as I had been checking those frequencies regularly and this was the first time I've seen anything on them.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
What you've described is indicative of them sharing the Albany core, not simply being connected to via ISSI, but an integral part of the 695 core.

Good for them, I'm sure they saved quite a bit of money by not purchasing their own core, rather just the RF infrastructure. That's good for both counties, and roaming between sites will be completely seamless, no tedious ISSI parameters to setup.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
ill monitor this system closer if i can with an SDR and see what i can pull down if theres activity

cwhill

Premium Subscriber
I see on 5/2 they updated 24 talkgroup categories. I'll add the Schenectady site to my SDS tonight and point the Yagi at it and see what comes in.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Very interesting. Just tried the control channel. Might be something there? Very weak. I see there were many updates, including the Schenectady County Frequencues. But I see no talkgroups?
GTR,I think I asked this before…how can I tell what the changes were? Thanks!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There were no changes made to any talkgroups; everything remains as-is.

Updated 24 Talkgroup Categories was a behind-the-scenes update to assign certain talkgroup categories to either Albany County or to "Systemwide", since this is now a multi-county system.

west-pac

There were no changes made to any talkgroups; everything remains as-is.

Updated 24 Talkgroup Categories was a behind-the-scenes update to assign certain talkgroup categories to either Albany County or to "Systemwide", since this is now a multi-county system.

I just looked at this DB entry for a guy on social media that had a question about Schenectady(sp?) County. If this system entry is going to be used for both counties can the DB entry be cleaned up a bit to indicate everything currently listed is for Albany county, and a blank Schenectady county header added and/or a note that there are currently no known Schenectady county TGs.

Locals are going to know where and what all of those individual DB headers are, but from afar (me, in Indiana) I can't tell if any or all of what's listed is in Albany or Schenectady county. Only after finding this forum did I realize Schenectady was just now building out their system, connected it to a preexisting Albany county system, and that there are currently no known Schenectady county TGs.

... just a suggestion for trying to make the DB entry easier to read to find info for either county

mkirker

This 800mhz system is now up and running. The fleet map is done, the off-site testing is completed and the sheriff's office is using it full time now. They are sort of the final test phase before it goes full county. Smaller PD agencies are next (Glenville, Scotia etc). I am hearing the only delay is that they don't have enough shoulder mics for the portables to give to each agency, due to a manufacturer shortage. The county is exchanging each radio 1 for 1, so they won't give the portables out until they have the shoulder mics.