• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Schertz activity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Database Admin
Saw the ID 704 today and noticed it wasn't listed. Came in through Schertz and is extremely close to their other IDs so it might be a PD one that just opened or hasn't been located. I was driving I35S at 3009 when I heard it so maybe someone that resides in Schertz could identify it? Also, heard a ton of INS (that's what my ID says- whether thats an old abbreviation or not it was some immigration officials- maybe ICE) in the area calling in to the dispatch that services Schertz- Feds were using phonetic alphabet and everything- running plates and requesting background checks. They arrested somebody it sounded like because they were holding the DLs and waiting for a wrecker. They also mentioned that this wasn't the "shipment" they were looking for--- all this came in on 163.77500. Is this the right ID- INS?

TXEMT

Yeah 163.775 is the BP/ICE freq for the the San Antonio area, somtimes it is encrypted and they use it in repeater mode or simplex. They also have frequencies for all agencies in and around Bexar County that are on VHF programmed into there radios, heard them talking with Kirby PD on there freq and chatting with some Union Pacific PD agents on 161.205 simplex along time ago. Were the BP guys calling all there checks in to Schertz PD on there dispatch channel or on that special channel? Because if it was through there dispatch remember that Schertz PD VHF channel is still patched to the 800 system for Cibilo PD

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Database Admin
Yes, it was going through Cibolo (Sorry my bank ID just lists the whole bank as ScSeCiUCLO- quite the abbreviation huh?)-

Status
Not open for further replies.