Schoharie County Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsceno

Morning all -

With the new VHF updates to Schoharie County, do we have any info on "what" exactly the three will be used for? The existing 151.0775 was solid off 46.18... is the new "Fire 1" going to be another simulcast off 46.18 (out only) with all primary operations on this repeater? Will the 2 other repeaters be utilized on a geographical base? Southern areas on Brown Mountain, northern on the alternate?

SMFD34

I have monitored traffic on the new Fire 1 with no corresponding traffic on 46.18 during the call. I do not know if the entire county has switched but I heard a Schoharie FD call and they were on Fire 1.

onsceno

Thanks for the feedback! So is there ANY paging on the "new Fire-1"? Or is paging still on 151.0775 and ops on the 1/3/5 set up?

SMFD34

I think I was a little hasty in saying no paging. They seem to be paging on Fire 1. I am not sure what the actual plan will be. I have monitored paging continuing on the XB and Fire 1 but there is a slight delay time-wise leading me to believe one is still not finalized. I cannot normally monitor 46.18 to see if it is still live and coming through the XB. I have asked people who use the system but I don't have any contacts that know the actual configuration other than they have new radios and are on "high band".

onsceno

HAHA, all good. Spent the last 2 weeks up in DelCo and thankfully was able to get some direct ears on it.

What I CAN say, thus far, is only the first set of A/B tones were heard over the 151.0775 while the entire set was heard over the new "Fire 1". All response traffic was heard over Fire 1 as well. I have yet to hear anything off Brown Mountain or Oak Hill (3 and 5). Interestingly enough, however, is that there was awful bleed-over, albeit rather distorted, on SCSO (155.73) which sounded to be coming off Fire 1, when dispatching. I'd venture to guess this is in the works of being rectified.

The system, as a whole, sounds fantastic otherwise. I will be bringing the low-band with me this weekend to see if there is anything still on 46.18.

onsceno

So 46.18 is still, in fact, patched to 151.0775 and 154.3175 though ALL traffic to/from the field is being conducted on Fire-1 (154.3175).

Status
Not open for further replies.